By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Man who put Sony back on Top of Video Games

KLXVER said:
bananaking21 said:

nintendo are tying to do it with reggie, but that guy is too big of an ass for people to like him. 

The thing with Reggie is that he is SO bad at hiding it that it kinda makes him likable imo

i dislike him because he is pretty arrogant. but i agree, sometimes he is just really bad that you just gotta laugh at him and like what he is doing lol.

as far as shu goes though, this article should be about mark cerny not shu, while i am one to say that i liked sony's sony's first and second party's efforts so far (they were ok, not great) they really didnt have as much of an effect on the success of the PS4 as the design of the PS4 and the vision its self had. 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Im not a fan. I get the feeling that Sony saw how people loved Iwata and said "We could use a guy like that"

Yeah they copied Nintendo by putting a likable guy in charge of gaming.  It couldn't possibly be because he was good at his job.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

KLXVER said:
bananaking21 said:

nintendo are tying to do it with reggie, but that guy is too big of an ass for people to like him. 

The thing with Reggie is that he is SO bad at hiding it that it kinda makes him likable imo

Bingo!

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
KLXVER said:
Im not a fan. I get the feeling that Sony saw how people loved Iwata and said "We could use a guy like that"

Yeah they copied Nintendo by putting a likable guy in charge of gaming.  It couldn't possibly be because he was good at his job.

Its just the feeling I get. I might be wrong.

SjOne said:
I thought this was a Mark Cerny article

^ same, when I first saw the title, I was sure that was what it would be about.

btw this is worth a watch:

Mark Cerny "The Road to PS4" - 'No Hum, No Pajama' Edition @ gamelabs 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJW5OKbh0WA

He comes off really well during speeches.

Around the Network

Yeah, Cerny deserves much of the credit for the PS4 success. He also seems genuine.

I thought this was an article about Mark Cerny, but oh well shu has also heleped PS image with the gamers so... i guess both deserve some credit.

He's the new Krazy Ken without the crazy.

POE said:
The title should be "The Man who put Sony back on Top of Video Games home consoles"

Nah its pretty much video games.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Kerotan said:
He's the new Krazy Ken without the crazy.

No that would be crazy cerny without the K.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot