By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Man who put Sony back on Top of Video Games

Shuhei Yoshida seems like a cool and likable guy, but I feel like they give him a little too much credit, especially the PS4. It seems to me that the PS4 is being praised for doing the safest things, such as a standard more powerful system with some extra features, and no DRM, which should be a standard. I think it benefited more that MS blundered so badly with the XB1, and Ninten messed up with their unique feature, poor marketing, and lack of power compared to the other 2. I don`t think that is very great to be honest. Also, I don`t like how suddenly people are so positive with sony and the PS4 when they had a terrible time in the previous gen for a good while. Everything is forgiven and they`re liked again after one rough last generation? Alright then... Well, the same thing is happening with Ninten (Great Wii success. Now doomed to fail due to the Wii U) I don`t know, I`d divide the praise to Cerny, Andrew, or other big names than just Shuhei. I will give him credit for helping indies get a rise in the industry.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
JWeinCom said:

I thought this article was going to be about Phil Spencer...

You dont think Sony deserve any credit at all?

I was more trying to make a joke than to start a console war.  At any rate, there's nothing wrong with the PS4.  It's fine.  Software could be better.  I don't see it as exceptional or revolutionary product (unless morpheus blows me away or something).  It's an extension of the PS3/360, and that's ok.

But, I think Sony is on top because they did an OK job, while their opponents did a terrible job.  Nintendo did a bad job showing their console's features, and didn't have key features ready at launch (launching with Amiibo and better gamepad games could have changed things) and Microsoft tried to hang their hat on mutlimedia features that nobody gives a **** about because Smart TVS already exist.

Just like Microsoft was able to become a major player because Sony shot itself in the foot, Sony was able to become #1 because Microsoft and Nintendo effed up. 

Joke about the XBO.

classic Sony.

Should ask, "where are the features promised at launch"
his honest answer "we are selling so much! next question"

Yoshida doesn't deserve any of the praise. When you come out and make the statement that you have no idea why your system is selling so well, it's clear you have no clue what the hell you're doing.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=199206&page=1#10

Don't forget to credit this guy. Secret agent Phil.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Yoshida doesn't deserve any of the praise. When you come out and make the statement that you have no idea why your system is selling so well, it's clear you have no clue what the hell you're doing.

That's what he wants you to believe 

To me, Yoshida is just a business man and a mascot like Reggie and Ronald Mcdonald.

@the people who think that cerny deserves more credit,
it was shu who greenlighted cerny to design the architecture of the ps4.

POE said:
The title should be "The Man who put Sony back on Top of Video Games home consoles"

The PS4+Vita will outsell WiiU+3DS LTD.

Hell I think the PS4 will be close to doing it on it's own but I know you somehow believe the PS4 will never achieve higher sales than the 3ds.

Barkley said:
POE said:
The title should be "The Man who put Sony back on Top of Video Games home consoles"

The PS4+Vita will outsell WiiU+3DS LTD.

Hell I think the PS4 will be close to doing it on it's own but I know you somehow believe the PS4 will never achieve higher sales than the 3ds.

The PS4 is a success. The Vita a failure.