By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would be more attractive in Nintendo's next handheld screens?

What screen would you prefer?

480p regular 7 12.07%

720p regular 23 39.66%

480p free form glass 2 3.45%

720p free form glass 18 31.03%

None, too expensive! 8 13.79%

Total:58
Captain_Yuri said:
bigtakilla said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well, thats cause the glass-free 3d tech was soo new to the market which probably brought the price up at launch but a 720p res isn't really anything new so I doubt that if they go with 720p or 480p, it would bring the price up at all, specially in this day and age

Well, just posing a question to see if people would be willing to shell out the extra cash if it DID happen to make the cost of the new handheld to go up.

Mhmm well imo, I think it would be better if u re-did it just with $200 (and $225/$250) instead of $300 cause then, I think it would make more sense

I'll take that into account, but this is supposed to make people really question whether they want it or not. At $250 base $300 720p screen it's almost too easy to answer. 

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
anything less than a 4K screen will be unacceptable

Not you're playing with power! lol.

Tachikoma said:
Will it ship with 70% of the menu options giving you a "feature not available" screen, like the 3DS did?

What?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Tachikoma said:
Will it ship with 70% of the menu options giving you a "feature not available" screen, like the 3DS did?

What?

When the 3DS first launched, a lot of it's features didn't work at all.

That's what I get for buying a 3DS on day 1, i guess.

I don't think is realistic we will see handheld with price over $250.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Mnementh said:
Tachikoma said:

What?

Hmm, maybe, I bought it later. Seems strange though, I don't know which features could have been patched in later. Anyways, yes this is for getting any console day 1. They all are somewhat unready at first.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Miyamotoo said:
I don't think is realistic we will see handheld with price over $250.

The last handheld (Vita) was in 2012. It's not impossible. 

It'll be a freeform screen. The handheld will be in the shape of a phablet but with the buttons clear and built right into the screen. So this way when you play games you have physical controls and when you're not messing around with gaming you can do all the applications you want without the buttons getting in the way.

Oh and it will be able to be used as a phone.

bunchanumbers said:
It'll be a freeform screen. The handheld will be in the shape of a phablet but with the buttons clear and built right into the screen. So this way when you play games you have physical controls and when you're not messing around with gaming you can do all the applications you want without the buttons getting in the way.

Oh and it will be able to be used as a phone.

I always thought it would be pretty cool if it were curved a little bit, like the new TVs are.

Example

Having a little peripheral vision in games seems like it could be a really cool thing. From there the imagination can run wild with all the things they COULD do.

Tachikoma said:
Mnementh said:
Tachikoma said:

What?

I feel like I have been repayed through all the free stuff I got in the ambassador program. It's my first time playing a few games, including Metroid Fusion which is absolutely amazing.