By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would be more attractive in Nintendo's next handheld screens?

What screen would you prefer?

480p regular 7 12.07%

720p regular 23 39.66%

480p free form glass 2 3.45%

720p free form glass 18 31.03%

None, too expensive! 8 13.79%

Total:58
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
I don't think is realistic we will see handheld with price over $250.

The last handheld (Vita) was in 2012. It's not impossible. 

And thats one of reasons why Vita is doing bad, 3DS too was forced very fast to price cut on $200.

With all that strong mobiles today that play games you can price handheld gaming only device around $300 and with that price you entered in territory of home consoles, nobody will bought handheld for $300.

Much more realistic price we will be around $200 and Nintendo knows that, like $200-250 for next hendheld and around $300-350 for next home console.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

The last handheld (Vita) was in 2012. It's not impossible. 

And thats one of reasons why Vita is doing bad, 3DS too was forced very fast to price cut on $200.

With all that strong mobiles today that play games you can price handheld gaming only device around $300 and with that price you entered in market of home consoles prices, nobody will bought for $300.

Much more realistic price we will be around $200 and Nintendo knows that, like $200-250 for next hendheld and around $300-350 for next home console.

So, you would just skip the next handheld at the price of $300.

Bump due to change in poll options.

I talking about facts, and I won't buy it and not just me.

Miyamotoo said:
I talking about facts, and I won't buy it and not just me.

honesty is always appreciated.

Around the Network

480p for the tiny screen and 720p when connected to the television .

Base price at $300? Get real. That would make Wii U and Vita look like blockbusters. The price Nintendo has to go for is the current price of the N3DS. They can't charge more, the pressure from mobile is too big and the lesson from Wii U tells us that people won't pay much for products from Nintendo. $219 would be the perfect launch price and they should go for at least a 720p screen. Why? So that in a couple years manufacturers won't be charging them extra for the production of such outdated tech like a 480p screen - another lesson from Wii U.

Both the Wii U struggles with lowering of the production price and 8GB GDDR5 in PS4 vs 8GB DDR3 + EDRAM in Xbone show us that nowadays the more powerful solution can often end up being cheaper. Nintendo has to take that into consideration and shouldn't go with ancient tech as they used to, cause they might get burned yet again.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

1080p screen with improved 3d effect. I hope the next handheld from nintendo uses nvidia X1 graphical power bundled with the 1080p and improved 3d effects.

They should go for 1080p at the very least. The resolution of other devices will only get bigger in the future and Nintendos next Handheld should be around for some years to come, until 2020 or something. So if they don't want it to look completely outdated at the day of its release, 1080p is the way to go.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
They should go for 1080p at the very least. The resolution of other devices will only get bigger in the future and Nintendos next Handheld should be around for some years to come, until 2020 or something. So if they don't want it to look completely outdated at the day of its release, 1080p is the way to go.

Next Nintendo handheld coming 2016/2017 and 1080p resolution isn't realistic, 480p-720p probably.