By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 4 is 65GIGS!

ArchangelMadzz said:
dane007 said:

i went with all physical and evrytime you buy a physical copy , you have to install the game. the only digital stuff i have are the free indies that you get with psn plus , which i delted most due to lack of space.  Also i live in nz , and the biggest 2.5 inch internal drive is 1tb  and its quite expensive to get as well.

I  have had all sony console and they always tend to go the most expensive and inconveniant way as htey are afraid of being hack.  This is based entirely on experiening after owning all their console. Psvita is damn godo handheld but the expensive sony memory cards hodl hem back as the price of one  i can buy 3  64gb micro sd cards. It was a problem with psp , yet they did the exactly the same with psvita. 

This would be a bigger issue if installing games took longer than 2 minutes.

TLOU and gta V took more then 2 mintutes to reach 100%. Shadow of mordor did the same. Only fast ones were bound by flame as teh file is small. even evil within takes more then that. What happens when gaem sizes exceed 50gb ? The time will be quite long. 

Around the Network
dane007 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

This would be a bigger issue if installing games took longer than 2 minutes.

TLOU and gta V took more then 2 mintutes to reach 100%. Shadow of mordor did the same. Only fast ones were bound by flame as teh file is small. even evil within takes more then that. What happens when gaem sizes exceed 50gb ? The time will be quite long. 

GTA V took me less than 2 minutes, the game itself had an install on the menu. I got AC Unity last weekend which is 41GB, installed in 1 minute 42 seconds (yes I timed to compare with my friend who had an X1) and I was able to play immediately.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Do devs compress anything nowadays? It would be good if they did as it would at least help loading times.

Hmm, pie.

dane007 you spaming this thread. annoying

It's YOUR problem that you are not buying a bigger HDD.

I bought a 2tb harddrive and haven't encountered a problem at all. If I had the option to take an external I would still go with the internal.
But yeah why not implement it, Sony may do it in the future. More options.

now stop this spamming and go back playing your console of choice.

Ultr said:

I bought a 2tb harddrive and haven't encountered a problem at all. If I had the option to take an external I would still go with the internal.

i dont have that option in nz. i would if i could. the biggest is 1tb.  importing , i will get raped in currency exchange and shipping.  i am actual shopping on steam and just purchased setious sam ultimate pacjage.  all their games ever made for 10 bucks and hooror game with bears lol. 

Around the Network
dane007 said:
Ultr said:

i dont have that option in nz. i would if i could. the biggest is 1tb.  importing , i will get raped in currency exchange and shipping.  i am actual shopping on steam and just purchased setious sam ultimate pacjage.  all their games ever made for 10 bucks and hooror game with bears lol. 

then rebuild your external harddrive into an internal harddrive :) problem solved

All you Xbox and ps4 gamers demainding more storage space for the consoles lol. As a Wii u owner I'm very glad Nintendo didn't force me to buy a system with a huge hdd because that means the price would go way up. I love using my spare FREE external hardrive my wife and I already own. You all should be wishing for a smaller hdd (buying an external one is certainly cheaper than buying a device with a huge one because they want to make lots of profit) and not a bigger one.

Ultr said:
dane007 said:
Ultr said:

then rebuild your external harddrive into an internal harddrive :) problem solved

how do you do that?

dane007 said:
Ruler said:

but with ps4 you can switch the haddrive without losing any warranty, up to 2gb for example. 

Huh i don't get wher eyou are going with this? plugging a an external hdd which jsut a usb conmnection , won't lose your warranty as well and you can have up to 16tb not 2tb.  I ma guessing 2gb is a typo lol.  The harddrive you have to install for ps4 is not the standard ones you use to build your pc . its more expensive vrsion and in nz biggest i have seen is 1tb and so far i only seen people with 2tb.

Yes its standard laptop hardrive, 2.5 HDD. I dont think its good anyways to save your games on a USB Harddrive as its slower than the sata connection to your main harddrive

dane007 said:
Ultr said:
dane007 said:
Ultr said:

how do you do that?

google. but yeah, its a 2.5" drive every laptop needs those. you won't get them where you live?