By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 4 is 65GIGS!

Kerotan said:
OnlyForDisplay said:
dane007 said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

Ahh... I see what you mean. I understand. It is a feature that the PS4 could use, but Sony did what they thought was right at the time, and are most likely going to give gamers that update soon.

However, even if the price doesn't increase that much due to such an add on, it still may be out of reach if you are heavily investing in the preferred console from the start. Some people don't want to spend anymore than they have to.

For gamers sake i hope, but i seriously doubt if they will sinc eits been more then a year and we still don't have it. I would imagine implemnting wouldn't be hard and could arrived in any of those patches that have been recently released. Just look at ps3 , it didn't have it then., PSp use dsony expensive memory cards and when psvta came, you would haev thought they allowed or at least use micro sd. as e all know it , they wen with their expensive option. One of the reason why i have little expectation from them as they try to be premuim but not thinking from the gamers perspective and providing options.

I am sure Sony will have them soon. Keep in mind other improvements like Suspend/Resume and mDNLA are also on the drawing board, so I'd imagine that they are still working on it the patch.

He won't listen to you. Seriously he has zero optimism.  External HDD is way down sony's list atm.  And rightly so. 

i being gamer since the nes days and played on all sony consoles. they rarely keep to their promises hence why i don't have much faith in them. Don't forget shu siad they coused on ps4 being a gaming machine rather then a media on e, hence why it was lacking alot of media features liek dlna. if that was true, then external hdd should be on high list before any media feature. 

Around the Network
dane007 said:
Kerotan said:

Honestly the ps4 is not for you.  Your fault for buying it.  I recommend you sell it so you can stop being so negative all the time. Seriously i never see you write anything positive.  

i dont regret buying it as its add to my collection of consoles. i just disappointed with it as i thought sony would have laerned rom past mistakes.  Apart from the hdd issue , thje consoles is great and the games on it are fun to play. Its jsut that using the slogan for the gamers i smisleading as if you are , you will be poviding optiosn for gamers not restricting them

The thing is its not a major problem for the vast majority yet.  A lot of people upgraded theirs HDD if it is.  You are not the majority whether you like it or not.  I'm pretty sure HDD external support will arrive before its a widespread issue.  But once again you'll give your standard negative reply with something about sony not learning from their mistakes.  You never seem to go on about Microsoft and their even bigger mistakes.  Give it a rest. 

Kerotan said:
dane007 said:

i dont regret buying it as its add to my collection of consoles. i just disappointed with it as i thought sony would have laerned rom past mistakes.  Apart from the hdd issue , thje consoles is great and the games on it are fun to play. Its jsut that using the slogan for the gamers i smisleading as if you are , you will be poviding optiosn for gamers not restricting them

The thing is its not a major problem for the vast majority yet.  A lot of people upgraded theirs HDD if it is.  You are not the majority whether you like it or not.  I'm pretty sure HDD external support will arrive before its a widespread issue.  But once again you'll give your standard negative reply with something about sony not learning from their mistakes.  You never seem to go on about Microsoft and their even bigger mistakes.  Give it a rest. 

i complained about all three lol. each of them have their own set of flaws. For me MS  should have made the XO more powerful , give the fact they have more money then either sony and nintedo, therfore sony making a more powerful console then ms one despite havng less money was emabarassing.  Same with nintendo, they should have made a more powerful console adn because they didn't they lost alot of third party support which is a shame. i would have love to see some of the third party game usign the gamepad as its a wodnerufl device to use.  for ms, don't liek the fact they focused alot on media feature, then again i  don't use it at all aprt from playing my blu ray disc or listening ot my music cds lol.  With nintendon also don't liek the fact they only have therir nintendo games which they milk on every geeneration. Would love to see new games that aren't mario, lugi, waio, lugi , mario kart, mario sports game, donkey kiong and so on.  As you can see i do have problems with them and they are equal to that of sony. 

Kerotan said:
dane007 said:

What are ms even bigger mistakes apart from what i have mentioned ?

1TB isn't really even enough... I guess it helps though.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
PenguinZ said:
1TB isn't really even enough... I guess it helps though.

It's enough for your average gamer.  I'd say in a few years they will be giving a 2TB HDD with every ps4. Still though hopefully the external support comes in the next 2 years for those of us that care. 

Hiku said:
dane007 said:
If you have an xbox one you can external hdd up to 16tb which plentiful to last the entire generation without having to delete or reinstall the games. My main concern is the ps4 as it still does nto have that support and having to delete and reinstall every game you want to get back to , is very frustrating lol.

You can start playing PS4 games within a minute after installing them though. And in my years with PS3, I rarely ever went back to play a game I had un installed anyway. Once I un instal it, I'm usually done with it. Generally only the games I keep playing, or some digital games are the ones I keep.
And the few times I did re install an old game, a 20-40 second delay before playing wouldn't be terrible.

with the ps3 320gb was  enough for games as i got towards the end of that generation and that time i used xbox 360 as that was my primary console when i was a student. It does not tkae 40 secods to reinstall the entire game especially when its 50gb. Plus i never sell or trade my games. i keep every game i buy from every generation. For me if i  go back to it , its jsut to get few more trophies or to play the multiplayer aspect of that games. sometimes you do get teh itch to go back ot the old ones and play. For me its providng options for gamers. you can't assume all gamers love to sit down after had days work or  with their freetim  when the y have a family to figure out which to delete and which to reinstall. the free time in those situation are very precious and for msot, sitting down and putting the disc to play is what we want. no delays jsut sit and play once disc is in.

dane007 said:
Hiku said:
dane007 said:
If you have an xbox one you can external hdd up to 16tb which plentiful to last the entire generation without having to delete or reinstall the games. My main concern is the ps4 as it still does nto have that support and having to delete and reinstall every game you want to get back to , is very frustrating lol.

You can start playing PS4 games within a minute after installing them though. And in my years with PS3, I rarely ever went back to play a game I had un installed anyway. Once I un instal it, I'm usually done with it. Generally only the games I keep playing, or some digital games are the ones I keep.
And the few times I did re install an old game, a 20-40 second delay before playing wouldn't be terrible.

with the ps3 320gb was  enough for games as i got towards the end of that generation and that time i used xbox 360 as that was my primary console when i was a student. It does not tkae 40 secods to reinstall the entire game especially when its 50gb. Plus i never sell or trade my games. i keep every game i buy from every generation. For me if i  go back to it , its jsut to get few more trophies or to play the multiplayer aspect of that games. sometimes you do get teh itch to go back ot the old ones and play. For me its providng options for gamers. you can't assume all gamers love to sit down after had days work or  with their freetim  when the y have a family to figure out which to delete and which to reinstall. the free time in those situation are very precious and for msot, sitting down and putting the disc to play is what we want. no delays jsut sit and play once disc is in.

Hiku 's post above just proves my point.  It takes minutes and you can start playing almost straight away.  Your complaint is really not that big. Enough of the whole sony never learn from their mistakes because they clearly built a system with a super slick instalation method. Xboxs take way longer so I know which I'd rather have. 

Kerotan said:

Another big update downloaded today bringing the total size up to 65 gigs.  I've a 1.5TB HDD but I hope developers become a little more efficient or the average HDD won't last long.  

It would be in the interest of MS AND SONY to make 1TB the standard HDD.  It would encourage more digital sales which ultimately means more profit for them. 

I honestly don't understand why people need a bigger HDD with the PS4. If you run out of room, by that point, there is going to be so many installed games that you're not playing anymore, that you should be able to just delete a few and never miss them. 

This is why I buy physical. It's much faster.

dane007 said:

but with ps4 you can switch the haddrive without losing any warranty, up to 2gb for example.