By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 4 is 65GIGS!

Kerotan said:
OnlyForDisplay said:
With games obtaining more code into them, cannot say I am surprised. However, you are right regrading the amount of storage given for each console. While both do have solutions towards these issues, both companies should still implement a greater amount of storage for their iterations soon.

Yes because the average Joe won't buy an external HDD or a 2TB HDD.  

Some may, others may not. It is a choice. Some may want to go that route, but others may want the system with that amount of memory pre-installed onto it.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
dane007 said:

i went with all physical and evrytime you buy a physical copy , you have to install the game. the only digital stuff i have are the free indies that you get with psn plus , which i delted most due to lack of space.  Also i live in nz , and the biggest 2.5 inch internal drive is 1tb  and its quite expensive to get as well.

I  have had all sony console and they always tend to go the most expensive and inconveniant way as htey are afraid of being hack.  This is based entirely on experiening after owning all their console. Psvita is damn godo handheld but the expensive sony memory cards hodl hem back as the price of one  i can buy 3  64gb micro sd cards. It was a problem with psp , yet they did the exactly the same with psvita. 

I live in the EU and i bought my HDD from the US. We are living in the 21st century!  And the ps4 installs are super fast.  If you own games on discs it takes a few mins to install.  Seriously it's a non issue.  So no more complaining! 

What happens if you own 100 games an dyou want to play one of your old games from tiem to time.  SO do we jsut delte and reisntall  and don't forget not  everyone has unlimited internet as well. Some of these gaems would eat up a person monthly data cap as well.  Remember even when you get a new hdd, you won't get teh full space as teh games you want to play will get reinstall on your new hdd eating that new space , which you bought specifically for new games. you will then end up having two copies of teh same on both hard drives.  I just don't get why they do want to implement it when both the WII u and XO have it. its for the gamers as their own slogan for the ps4.

Also if i were to order it from the US , it would take close to a month to arrive and the currency conversion will bad ot apoint i rather just but it in nz. THe price i will end up paying for it , i can a 4 tb external hdd in nz lol.

Kerotan said:
OnlyForDisplay said:
With games obtaining more code into them, cannot say I am surprised. However, you are right regrading the amount of storage given for each console. While both do have solutions towards these issues, both companies should still implement a greater amount of storage for their iterations soon.

3tb HDD should have been the spaace for the launch console as 512mb is way to small. its not expensive to add a 3tb .

dane007 said:
Kerotan said:

I live in the EU and i bought my HDD from the US. We are living in the 21st century!  And the ps4 installs are super fast.  If you own games on discs it takes a few mins to install.  Seriously it's a non issue.  So no more complaining! 

What happens if you own 100 games an dyou want to play one of your old games from tiem to time.  SO do we jsut delte and reisntall  and don't forget not  everyone has unlimited internet as well. Some of these gaems would eat up a person monthly data cap as well.  Remember even when you get a new hdd, you won't get teh full space as teh games you want to play will get reinstall on your new hdd eating that new space , which you bought specifically for new games. you will then end up having two copies of teh same on both hard drives.  I just don't get why they do want to implement it when both the WII u and XO have it. its for the gamers as their own slogan for the ps4.

Also if i were to order it from the US , it would take close to a month to arrive and the currency conversion will bad ot apoint i rather just but it in nz. THe price i will end up paying for it , i can a 4 tb external hdd in nz lol.

I thought that all your games are on disc? If yes then it takes 5 mins to delete a game and reinstall the new one 

dane007 said:
Kerotan said:

3tb HDD should have been the spaace for the launch console as 512mb is way to small. its not expensive to add a 3tb .

Perhaps not, but some people may not consider buying one and are just buying the console for what is available. Keep in mind that dropping $400+ just for the console and who knows how much for games, controllers, and other add ons isn't in the cards for many.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
dane007 said:

I thought that all your games are on disc? If yes then it takes 5 mins to delete a game and reinstall the new one 

yes but when you install a hdd into your ps4 and you want to paly an old game that was on your old hdd , thtat game will  be reinstalled onto you r new hdd and your space will be eaten up agian on the same game which already exist on your previous hdd. Howelse would have access to yoru old games if you have swapp your hdd? It takes longer then 5 mins. the installation time is not the problem here , its  having to keep on doing it , everytime you  fell like going back to one of your old games. That would be more of an inconvenance when you have tonnes of new games. They are. the only digital are the free psn plus indies. WHo wants to spend time deciding  what gaem to delete  to make up space especially fi you have a family (where time is limited) or after  a hard days work. All you want to do is put a disc and play which can do with other consoles due to external hdd support. I don't mind the idea of swappable hdd, but sony should have went with the standard size that all pc gamers use as that would have been cheaper and a logical choice.

dane007 said:
Kerotan said:

yes but when you install a hdd into your ps4 and you want to paly an old game that was on your old hdd , thtat game will  be reinstalled onto you r new hdd and your space will be eaten up agian on the same game which already exist on your previous hdd. Howelse would have access to yoru old games if you have swapp your hdd? It takes longer then 5 mins. the installation time is not the problem here , its  having to keep on doing it , everytime you  fell like going back to one of your old games. That would be more of an inconvenance when you have tonnes of new games. They are. the only digital are the free psn plus indies. WHo wants to spend time deciding  what gaem to delete  to make up space especially fi you have a family (where time is limited) or after  a hard days work. All you want to do is put a disc and play which can do with other consoles due to external hdd support. I don't mind the idea of swappable hdd, but sony should have went with the standard size that all pc gamers use as that would have been cheaper and a logical choice.

Sounds like you should have waited to upgrade to next gen. It's just not for you.

OnlyForDisplay said:
dane007 said:
Kerotan said:

Perhaps not, but some people may not consider buying one and are just buying the console for what is available. Keep in mind that dropping $400+ just for the console and who knows how much for games, controllers, and other add ons isn't in the cards for many.

If they went with the standard size which pc builders use , then having that big size wouldn't have increased the price by that much. it would alot cheaper then havign the one taht sony used in their ps4. If not that , then at least have the option to have external hdd support or if they wanted to go  with the swappable hdd, then at least use the standard size which pc builders use , so that down the track , gamers cna easily replaced them and replace them cheaply with a much much bigger size. As i mentioned , i can get 3 tb hdd the one pc builders use ofr the smae price of the 1tb hdd that sony ps4 uses. Either of these options would have been good for the gamers.

Kerotan said:
dane007 said:

Sounds like you should have waited to upgrade to next gen. It's just not for you.

Lol if i had to wait for sony to do that ,  i would be  waiting till the end of this generation before they implement. i can bet  that they will never do it . Plus i am also a collector, i like to own all consoles , especially on launch day. i already begun buying mint condition consoles back in the 80s and even earlier than that .  I jsut got a gmaing pc so any multiplat where pc has a huge advantage when it comes to third party games, i will jsut buy it on my pc . I am fine with XO nad WII u. both are excellent machines. I laready have a 3 t external hdd for the XO and i hav already used more then 20% of it , not counting the default 512gb that came with it. 

dane007 said:
If you have an xbox one you can external hdd up to 16tb which plentiful to last the entire generation without having to delete or reinstall the games. My main concern is the ps4 as it still does nto have that support and having to delete and reinstall every game you want to get back to , is very frustrating lol.

I'm thinking the totally opposite thing - PS4 is much better than Xbone. You want more space on PS4? Change the internal HDD! I hate the fact that MS made it impossible for me to swap the internal HDD. Xbone owners are stuck with that ridiculous HDD, while PS4 gamers can upgrade without thrashing the living room, they could even speed up the console with SSD/hybrid SSHD. The options are there for PS4, but not for Xbone and I just don't want any more boxes next to my TV!

BTW. And what happens when the HDD in Xbone dies?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.