By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Emulator) Nintendo DS Games in HD (1024 * 768)

Wow, much improvement.

It shows some of the tricks of devs, which things are 3D-models (that get an improvement) and which are not (and look the same). I think this is visible in Okamiden for instance.

And the quality increase on Spirit Tracks is mind boggling. The devs obviously put in texture quality, that would never been visible on the DS-screen, look at the pictures on the wall in the second image.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:

Simply beautiful. A true eye opener to anyone who might think resolution bumps do not make a big time difference.

The increase in quality this Zelda title experiences is nothing short of astonishing.

But they don't. Remember these are sub 240p games(ds was 144p, right? ) being rendered in 720p, it's like a 20x increase in resolution. most of what we see today is 720-1080p, wich is hardly noticed.

Huge resolution bumps make a difference but normal bumps after diminishing returns (HD) don't.

sc94597 said:
XanderXT said:

Isn't photobucket one of those free photo hosting sites? Also, can I see Sonic Rush and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing?

It is free up to 10 GB/month of storage (which I wasn't even close, and 10GB/month of bandwidth (how many times people view the pic * files size of pic.) Since I posted like something like 56 pics, averaging about 200 kb each, that means 10GB/.012GB = 833 views for all pics. Since this thread had 4,000 views, it seems about right that I reached the bandwidth limit. It was only $3 bucks though for 20GB more, which should afford me about 2,000 more views. 

As for more game requests, I'll catch up a bit later once I get back home from classes. Might test this emulator on my 3 year old media laptop to see how well it runs on a lower end system that has a dedicated GPU and a decent CPU. 

Imo, dont waste you money with photobucket. There are plenty of other image hosting sites like imgur and tumblr that have unlimited bandwidth and unlimited uploads and they are also free. Use those instead of paying for photobucket! Also, this thread is awesome

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So I am running the emulator alright on my old laptop at 4x resolution with AA. I tried both Metroid Prime Hunters and Final Fantasy IV. Metroid Prime Hunters works full speed at 4x with AA if I set frameskipping to 1. Otherwise it runs at like 95% full speed. Final Fantasy IV experiences slightly drops (3-4 fps.) Changing resolution doesn't do much. And even with frameskipping set to 1, these slight drops happen. It is very playable though. 57-60 fps is what you should expect. I haven't gotten sound to work to well yet on this computer. There is a static to it and stutters. I'll try messing with settings. 

Here are the specs. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220875

Intel Core i5 460M(2.53GHz) (2.8 GHZ with turbo boost) This is a hyperthreaded dual core. 

NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M (1GB DDR3 VRAM)

4GB DDR3 1066

So anybody with a dedicated card and a moderately powered CPU should be able to run this emulator. For those interested in technical specs. 

Captain_Yuri said:
sc94597 said:

It is free up to 10 GB/month of storage (which I wasn't even close, and 10GB/month of bandwidth (how many times people view the pic * files size of pic.) Since I posted like something like 56 pics, averaging about 200 kb each, that means 10GB/.012GB = 833 views for all pics. Since this thread had 4,000 views, it seems about right that I reached the bandwidth limit. It was only $3 bucks though for 20GB more, which should afford me about 2,000 more views. 

As for more game requests, I'll catch up a bit later once I get back home from classes. Might test this emulator on my 3 year old media laptop to see how well it runs on a lower end system that has a dedicated GPU and a decent CPU. 

Imo, dont waste you money with photobucket. There are plenty of other image hosting sites like imgur and tumblr that have unlimited bandwidth and unlimited uploads and they are also free. Use those instead of paying for photobucket! Also, this thread is awesome

Yeah, I'm using other sites from now on. Didn't want to reupload and repost all the pics though, so I caved in and paid the $3. And thanks! :) 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Smeags said:

I appreciate you censoring the picture, but beastiality is not accepted on this site.

Haha, I thought the same thing when I saw it. Wondered if I just had a dirty mind or not. ;) 

I thought the same.

Basically because Nintendo always uses the worst possible screens it can we never get any good looking games on their handhelds.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Fededx said:
FF: The 4 heroes of light?

Fededx said:
 Castlevania Order of Eclessia 

No difference 

(Note, from now on I am going to just say no-difference if a game doesn't have a noticeable difference, rather than take screenshots.) 

Remember, any game that relies on pre-rendered assets won't have any difference.

XanderXT said:

Sonic Rush