By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Screenshot Thread: Now You're Posting With Power!

sc94597 said:The one below is now my background image on my desktop. :) 

It was so great, that the game took place on a titan. This was something that made it feel awesome from the beginning. As I was entering the leg of bionis and wandering over the plain, I often stopped, just to look at Bionis and Mechonis, because it was so awesome to walk over a titan.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Need for Speed Most Wanted U

sc94597 said:
(Xenoblade SPOILERS)

For example, knowing that the world was created by a powerful computer explains a lot of small things in the world. 

Such as? Not saying I disagree, just interested to hear your views.

curl-6 said:
sc94597 said:
(Xenoblade SPOILERS)

For example, knowing that the world was created by a powerful computer explains a lot of small things in the world. 

For starters, the name monad (which was in other Xeno games referring mostly to the second definition. ) 

- "In functional programming, a monad is a structure that represents computations defined as sequences of steps: a type with a monad structure defines what it means to chain operations, or nest functions of that type together."

- "In Gnosticism monad stands for the highest god."

- The world's odd physics. How can Bionis and Mechonis be the size they are? Why is the center of mass in them when they're both obviously on some other larger mass (where the ocean is located?) Other things when you leave them just fall to the ocean below. Up until the last revelation we'd just think, oh it is just a fantasy game. Afterwards, it made more sense. 

- How the monado works. Why does the monado only work on organic life? Why are features unique to the user. Also, at the start of the game when Shulk is observing it, there is an obvious code-like logic to how it works which Shulk was trying to work out. One can think of the monado as more of a key which allows the weilder to rewrite the code of the universe.This fits well with both definitions, the Gnostic one and the technical one. 

- If we think of the endless ocean in which everything is contained, we can think of something like minecraft. It is just constantly generated. 

- Why are there stars if the world is just an endless ocean and the bionis/mechonis? 

sc94597 said:
curl-6 said:

For starters, the name monad (which was in other Xeno games referring mostly to the second definition. ) 

- "In functional programming, a monad is a structure that represents computations defined as sequences of steps: a type with a monad structure defines what it means to chain operations, or nest functions of that type together."

- "In Gnosticism monad stands for the highest god."

- The world's odd physics. How can Bionis and Mechonis be the size they are? Why is the center of mass in them when they're both obviously on some other larger mass (where the ocean is located?) Other things when you leave them just fall to the ocean below. Up until the last revelation we'd just think, oh it is just a fantasy game. Afterwards, it made more sense. 

- How the monado works. Why does the monado only work on organic life? Why are features unique to the user. Also, at the start of the game when Shulk is observing it, there is an obvious code-like logic to how it works which Shulk was trying to work out. One can think of the monado as more of a key which allows the weilder to rewrite the code of the universe.This fits well with both definitions, the Gnostic one and the technical one. 

- If we think of the endless ocean in which everything is contained, we can think of something like minecraft. It is just constantly generated. 

- Why are there stars if the world is just an endless ocean and the bionis/mechonis? 

Well observed. :)

I also found on a second playthrough that much of the game's video-game-ness made more sense in the context that it effectively is a virtual world. Not technically; it's still material, but it's effectively designed by a computer. Things that I at first dismissed as the contrived structure of an artificial setting suddenly felt at home within the game's universe, which was awesome. Monolith effectively made their own design work canon.

Majora's Mask 3D

Bayonetta 2

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Captain Toad!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Sweeeeeeeeet game :P

Platina said:

Captain Toad!

Surprising how good that game can look. I still need to go back and finish it sometime, really enjoyed what I've played so far :)

Call of Duty Ghosts

Bravely Default (3DS)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread