By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid vs Resistance - Which is the better series?

Which is the better series?

Metroid 385 75.64%

Resistance 83 16.31%

See Results! 41 8.06%

Total:509

Considering Resistance 1 was only above average (and rightfully so. It was a launch title) and 2 and 3 were trash, along with Retribution and Burning Skies being ok and trash (respectively), I give Metroid like 5 votes, as a series and any individual game over a Resistance game

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
I will go with Resistance, Insomniac Games did a very good job with this series.
Metroid is in my eyes totally overhyped, can't understand the hype for the series at this site.

This site and everywhere else. Metroid has had three GOAT titles. 7 masterpieces, and 11 amazing games.

Metroid no doubt

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:
Never played Metroid but I loved all 3 resistance games.

I will say this, could any Metroid offer 60 player online battles and 8 player coop? That was a blast on resistance 2. The first resistance had epic 40 player battles too.

When it came to online resistance takes it.

I don't think you know what the Metroid franchise is about.

Hint: it starts with the letter "I" and ends with "N"

Did any of them do 8 player online co-op or 2 playeronline  splitscreen or 60 player battles?  

And you're right i dont know because I haven't played them. 

Metroid was an amazing series, resistance best was the first, and it was average. Please, don't make a comparison like this one again. It's a joke, that's not even funny.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Did any of them do 8 player online co-op or 2 playeronline  splitscreen or 60 player battles?  

Metroid is a Single Player experience. 

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Metroid is about isolation. Introducing co-op would totally ruin the entire franchise.

The only Metroid game to have had online was Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS and it offered a full console experience on a weak handheld. It's a shitty Metroid game though, the only good thing about it is the online.

Clyde32 said:
Kerotan said:

So then the resistance games had a big plus over the Metroid ones.  I'd definitely choose resistance because the first 2 gave me 2 of the best online years I've ever had. 

Well, Metroid is in another league compared to most game series so for me its not even any competition.

Kerotan said:
Clyde32 said:

So then the resistance games had a big plus over the Metroid ones.  I'd definitely choose resistance because the first 2 gave me 2 of the best online years I've ever had. 

Metroid Prime has given me some of the best 10 years I've ever had. And the servers never go down.