By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid vs Resistance - Which is the better series?

Which is the better series?

Metroid 385 75.64%

Resistance 83 16.31%

See Results! 41 8.06%

Total:509
Clyde32 said:
Kerotan said:

So then the resistance games had a big plus over the Metroid ones.  I'd definitely choose resistance because the first 2 gave me 2 of the best online years I've ever had. 

Metroid Prime has given me some of the best 10 years I've ever had. And the servers never go down. 

That's good and all but I've liked too many other shooters to ever stay enjoying 1 for that long.  Cod4, mw2, old medal of honors,  battlefield games,  metro etc. 

I'm sure I'd have loved the old Metroids like on the Gamecube when they came out.  

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Clyde32 said:

Metroid Prime has given me some of the best 10 years I've ever had. And the servers never go down. 

That's good and all but I've liked too many other shooters to ever stay enjoying 1 for that long.  Cod4, mw2, old medal of honors,  battlefield games,  metro etc. 

I'm sure I'd have loved the old Metroids like on the Gamecube when they came out.  

1st mistake. Metroid is not a shooter.

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

I don't think you know what the Metroid franchise is about.

Hint: it starts with the letter "I" and ends with "N"

Did any of them do 8 player online co-op or 2 playeronline  splitscreen or 60 player battles?  

And you're right i dont know because I haven't played them. 

I'm guessing the word was Isolation

All Metroid games are shooters, set in the future/alien universe... they don't have much else in common with Resistance apart from the Primes which have the additional "first person" attribute.

wow there are tons of bigoted comments in here, anyway resistance for me

metroid prime and fusion were good but i had more fun with the resistance games especially with the multiplayer options

I would choose Resistance but I've not played any Metroid game so I can't give an honest opinion. As for Resistance series the first one is one of the best shooters ever, the second was a bad game in most ways and the third one is even better than the first one, but I consider it as more of a horror game than an FPS. The PSP game is better than 2 but not as good as the first or third, and the Vita one is the worst by far.

I'm not surprised by the poll results though, Nintendo is VERY popular on this site and Resistance is a long-forgotten series even among PS fans.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Kerotan said:

The Primes are, as is Other M (I haven't played the older games but I suspect they are shooters)... but shooter is not a genre, and if shooter is a genre then I would argue Metroid is more of a shooter than CoD/Battlefield etc. You don't shoot to open doors or shoot to solve puzzles in CoD.

The Metroid Prime games are pure adventure games IMO, they have "action" in them as do most video games, but they are not action/adventures. Most FPS of recent years though are action/adventure with a heavy emphasis on action.

Clyde32 said:
Kerotan said:

The guy below says it is.  Well I know I'd enjoy resistance more than if I'm looking for a shooting experience. 

Dr.Vita said:

What do you think? 
Which is the better game series, Metroid or Resistance?

Can't really say as I have only played small parts of any of the Resistance games. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Dr.Vita said:
I will go with Resistance, Insomniac Games did a very good job with this series.
Metroid is in my eyes totally overhyped, can't understand the hype for the series at this site.

Then it sounds like Resistance is far more to your liking. Have you played all the Metroid games? I'm assuming you have played all the Resistance games. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

HigHurtenflurst said:

The Primes are, as is Other M (I haven't played the older games but I suspect they are shooters)... but shooter is not a genre, and if shooter is a genre then I would argue Metroid is more of a shooter than CoD/Battlefield etc. You don't shoot to open doors or shoot to solve puzzles in CoD.

The Metroid Prime games are pure adventure games IMO, they have "action" in them as do most video games, but they are not action/adventures. Most FPS of recent years though are action/adventure with a heavy emphasis on action.

Prime games are First Person Adventure games. The difference between this and a shooter is the primary focus of the game is adventure, rather than shooting. 

Other M was more of an action game then anything else. 

And the other games are not even remotely close. 

The only game that you could call a shooter was Prime Hunters. 

Kerotan said:
Clyde32 said:

The guy below says it is.  Well I know I'd enjoy resistance more than if I'm looking for a shooting experience. 

See above.