By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid vs Resistance - Which is the better series?

Which is the better series?

Metroid 385 75.64%

Resistance 83 16.31%

See Results! 41 8.06%

Total:509

Metroid.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
Comparing the two series makes as much sense as comparing God of War and Kid Icarus.

Actually i get your point, but KId Icarus Uprising and GoW are kinda comparable.... (not gameplay but setting :p)

Without a doubt Metroid. I only played resistance on the psp, and I hope it plays a hell of a lot better on the home console thanon the psp, cause that quite frankly sucked. Also metroid prime and super metroid are two of the best games ever made. I doubt you could say that about resistance.

old skool

tbone51 said:

Actually i get your point, but KId Icarus Uprising and GoW are kinda comparable.... (not gameplay but setting :p)

That's what I was trying to say, we're comparing two series with very minimal similarities.

I mean, which is better FIFA or MLB: The Show? Its as fair as this comparison.

Mr Khan said:
Honestly, how is this a question?

God of War vs Metroid would be one thing. This...

exactly!, how do you compare a PS3 exclusive that wasnt even close to the best exclusive in the system to one of the most popular and acclaimed franchises in video game history...

Around the Network

Resistance had 4 games, 3 from Insomniac, and they all burnt out on it and tried to end having to do more by killing off characters you play as, and aliens that continue to win the fight.

Metroid has iconic Samus and Ridley that keeps coming back and rehashing the battle of collecting powerups, navigating areas, and fighting bosses. Being a Nintendo series, as long as people are still into the Samus mascot, Nintendo will keep making more games.

I don't know why you think you should compare them. One just has a few decades of longevity over the other that is already dead.

For me, resistance 3 was hugely underrated and deserved way more attention than it got. The first two games were pretty good but nothing jaw dropping. Metroid has had more consistency and has multiple great games, and it's clearly a bigger franchise. Gonna have to pick samus here

bevochan said:
Dr.Vita said:
I will go with Resistance, Insomniac Games did a very good job with this series.
Metroid is in my eyes totally overhyped, can't understand the hype for the series at this site.

I'm a huge PS fan, but this is not even a legitimate question.  There is no question that Metroid is a better franchise.  Resistance 1 was great, then it went downhill after that. 

And in my opinion the others were awesome too :) (especially 3)

the psp one also.

the Vita one...not so much xD

cusman said:

Resistance had 4 games, 3 from Insomniac, and they all burnt out on it and tried to end having to do more by killing off characters you play as, and aliens that continue to win the fight.

Metroid has iconic Samus and Ridley that keeps coming back and rehashing the battle of collecting powerups, navigating areas, and fighting bosses. Being a Nintendo series, as long as people are still into the Samus mascot, Nintendo will keep making more games.

I don't know why you think you should compare them. One just has a few decades of longevity over the other that is already dead.

5. You either forgot the psp one (wich was great) or the Vita one (wich was bad) imo.

cusman said

Rehashing? WTH? Thats Metroid lol^ Your points are very bizarre, Might as well say Halo rehashes Shooting, Mario rehashes Jumping, Nathan Drake is in UC4, Kratos is pissed again in every GoW game.

Unless im reading your post wrong, i cant take this seriously