By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

thedawghousev2 said:
Nuvendil said:
And the Wii U continues to climb. I wonder if we'll see it enter the top 50 in the coming days? It's close. And Mario Party 10 climbing higher as well, now in the top 70. Xenoblade holding on and trying to stay in the top 100. Will it make it all the way to launch? Going to be interesting.

i think if the wii u gets a $100 price cut it's sales will (obviously) skyrocket, and it will sell a lot more than a lot of us are expecting.

i literally just stated the obvious but i really want the wii u to sell better.

Shoot, a $50 one would probably cause quite a big increase.  I think the Wii U is kinda stuck in the "last straw" area with a lot of people, where people are kinda teetering on the edge but not quite convinced.  If the price falls by a significant ammount right now, it could push a good number of people over the edge.  The Wii U has a lot of positivity with its exclusives.  So yeah, a significant price cut - $50 to $100 - would draw in some serious sales.  Probably a lot of people would be interested in it as a suplementary device to their PC/Xbone/PS4.

Around the Network

PS4 and Type Zero beasting :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

And boom, Wii U top 50 (49), Kirby back to 52, Xenoblade back in the top 80 and Mario Party 10 at 72. Could Mario Party be a system seller? Or could the negativity surrounding a lot of these recent games that have been the focus of ad campaigns for Xbone and PS4 (Assassin's Creed Unity, Evolve, The Order, etc) be benefiting Nintendo in some way, perhaps by contrast (Wii U's output has been consistent for a while now in quality)? I don't know, but this is nice to see.

Also Smash back in the top 20 and Zelda still beasting. 

Hiku said:
Aura7541 said

- Final Fantasy Type-0 (PS4) is #19. X1 version leagues behind at #325.

Jeez. How are they comparing on the montythly in February? (Can't find that topic atm.)

PS4 FF Type-0 was #55 for February: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-02/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_videogames_pg_3?ie=UTF8&pg=3#3

And yes, preorders were higher than sales from both versions of Evolve.

arcane_chaos said:
Aura7541 said:

Tagged. On the software side of things:

Majora's Mask beasting at #9.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 (PS4) is #19. X1 version leagues behind at #325.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4) at #26. X1 version is #136.
- Bloodborne Collector's Edition is #50. Regular Bloodborne is #51.
- Kirby & The Rainbow Curse is #57
- The Order (1886) has fallen to #78

DAMN!!! I knew the PS4 version would lead but not like this!!!

This is how lopsided JRPGS normally are.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Aura7541 said:

PS4 FF Type-0 was #55 for February: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-02/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_videogames_pg_3?ie=UTF8&pg=3#3

And yes, preorders were higher than sales from both versions of Evolve.

And I don't see the XBO version in the Top 100. Any idea where it was in Feb? I can't seem to check beyond top 100.

Unfortunately, the monthly rankings only do the Top 100. However, I do vividly remember the X1 version always being in the 300s. It has finally gotten into the 200s.

Odd how the PS4 seemingly does better in the rankings once, The Order starts dropping in the rankings.

Could be people trying out the game and telling their friends that they need a PS4 for it.

OR The Order did pretty much nothing and its a normal sales curve for the PS4.

PS4 is now 6, Xbox one 9.

That 3 game bundle is doing quite a job for PS4. I think 6 is the highest it's been all year. Almost as high as the Xb one value bundle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

We shouldn't be surprise with FF Type-0 and Dragonball Xenoverse rankings between the PS4 and X1 since those titles are usually very strong on Playstation consoles even during the previous generation when the Xbox 360 was killing it.