By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - An Unprejudiced Review: The Order 1886

Tagged games:

LudicrousSpeed said:

X button. Only to evade grenades, though.

Oh, okay. I knew about that. I thought there was maybe some way to free roll.

Around the Network

Great review! Sad to hear you didn't enjoy it though. Cannot wait to read more of your content!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

badgenome said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

X button. Only to evade grenades, though.

Oh, okay. I knew about that. I thought there was maybe some way to free roll.

What do you think this is, Gears of War?

Wright said:

What do you think this is, Gears of War?

More like Gears of BORE! HA! Hahaha!

*looks at OP*

Oh.

Unbiased my ass lol "Gears of Bore"

This game never aspired to be an insipid lazily written DudeBro soap opera shooter. To call this story generic and harp about Gears of War which is a validly mediocre game that got a 10 early in a console cycle because it was just the biggest thing released yet.

Graphics, story, atmosphere, and pretty much every techincial aspect The Order is a gaming masterpiece of the highest order. The gameplay is standard but fun as hell. Off with you.

Around the Network

seems like a pretty solid review. If you added 3 more paragraphs it probably would have lasted longer than The Order too.

Game was fantastic. Absolutely can't wait for the sequel, hopefully they give us DLC like Left Behind to hold us over. This will probably be considered one the most underrated games in a year, maybe even less. Probably the best game on next gen so far.

in my opinion brahs

bunchanumbers said:
seems like a pretty solid review. If you added 3 more paragraphs it probably would have lasted longer than The Order too.

This is why I don't like scores. I almost completely agree with your review, but I don't think that your score reflects it, which shouldn't matter, because I almost completely agree with your review.

Seriously though, if anyone wants my thoughts on the game, read this. It's literally spot on. Especially the bits about the length issue overshadowing the other, much deeper issues with the game.

Is "Unbiased" in the thread title deliberately ironic? It's not possible to put value judgements in a game review without it being biased. Or is unbiased a claim of not having a particular company/platform axe to grind which could be used as an accusation to claim you over/under scored the game because you hate/love Sony/MS/Nintendo/PS4/Xb one/Wii U/3DS/Vita/PC/Ouya/Acti/Ubi/EA/Capcom/SE... too much?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix