By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - An Unprejudiced Review: The Order 1886

Tagged games:

Of course I was paying attention to the story. There's just nothing there.

Around the Network

This is an excellent, accurate review.

That was an awful lot of writing to come to a trollish conclusion. I'm a tough grader but 5/10 is way too low. Only if you count TWD, every Gears, Alan Wake, and Heavy Rain could you unbiasedly count it that low. If you're willing to admit that I'll agree

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Why would Gears get the same score when it has better gameplay and MP? lol.

TWD is a different genre and tells a much better story. Never played Heavy Rain.

LudicrousSpeed said:

You talk about black water and where does it come from , it comes from the grail   It's explained  and you see how it works when the Marquess is knighted ,

obviously there is tension even then it's mostly down to one old man set in his ways , and it's due to the fact that you are historically sworn to combat were creatures , but you are now caught in the middle of competing factions you have on one hand the rebels  and what seems to be some sort of collussion with the werewolves then theres the India company who are your benefactors but seem to have there own secret agenda and thirdly there is the anarchists who are at odds with the company and are watching the order due to the Companies ties there but are also keeping tabs on the rebels and there sudden rise believing some power is behind them.

Amongst all that you are trying to do your job and  I don't see fighting rebels when attacked constitutes shooting the shit out of innocents.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

You might actually enjoy the story if you PAID ATTENTION and weren't trying to skip the cutscenes!  

"Constant unskippable cut scenes"

"The Order feeds you constant, unskippable story elements"

It sounds like you were trying to complete the story as quickly as you could, (trying to skip through the cutscenes), to prove how fast you could complete the game.  

You're a joke!

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

mjk45 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

You talk about black water and where does it come from , it comes from the grail   It's explained  and you see how it works when the Marquess is knighted ,

obviously there is tension even then it's mostly down to one old man set in his ways , and it's due to the fact that you are historically sworn to combat were creatures , but you are now caught in the middle of competing factions you have on one hand the rebels  and what seems to be some sort of collussion with the werewolves then theres the India company who are your benefactors but seem to have there own secret agenda and thirdly there is the anarchists who are at odds with the company and are watching the order due to the Companies ties there but are also keeping tabs on the rebels and there sudden rise believing some power is behind them.

Amongst all that you are trying to do your job and  I don't see fighting rebels when attacked constitutes shooting the shit out of innocents.

"comes from the grail"

Wow, what an explanation. And no, you don't see how it works. You see him drink some and then fill his vial with his own blood. None of that is any sort of explanation on its origins or really anything about it.

Shooting actual guards on the airship constitutes shooting the shit out of innocents. Especially when Galahad apparently has a perfectly good and quick method for distinguishing real and fake guards.

Jimbo1337 said:

You might actually enjoy the story if you PAYED ATTENTION and weren't trying to skip the cutscenes!  

"Constant unskippable cut scenes"

"The Order feeds you constant, unskippable story elements"

It sounds like you were trying to complete the story as quickly as you could, (trying to skip through the cutscenes), to prove how fast you could complete the game.  

You're a joke!

Payed, lol.

Anyway, seems I sat through those unbearable cut scenes and still finished in 6 1/2 hours.

That last bit seems a tad harsh over a video game score, dude. Go have a Coke and a smile.

Please explain how your review is "unprejudiced".

I have seen you post negativity and already have a preconceived notion about the videogame before even playing it.  

Jimbo1337 said:

Please explain how your review is "unprejudiced".

I have seen you post negativity and already have a preconceived notion about the videogame before even playing it.  

I think you need to look up the definition of prejudice. Any negative thing I posted was based on some form of experience with the game. That's not prejudice.

Also, it says prejudice because lawyers contacted me and had me remove An Unbiased Review from the title. And everyone knows I am unbiased.