By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo still doesn't have a trophy/achievement system to their games in 2015?

Predict When Ninty will bring trophies:

2016-2017, after their next consoles arrive. 60 22.73%

2025, better late. 17 6.44%

Nevah! 101 38.26%

Idc for this BS. (dont lie to yourself) 86 32.58%

Total:264

I don't think even Nintendo knows why they do or don't do anything :p

It's definitely a feature they should work on. My personal interest in them is pretty limited, but I've always thought it was a great feature. I've seen hundreds of people on PSN, XBL and Steam that enjoy collecting achievements, while only a handful that actively dislike them. Those that don't care either way just ignore them. Seems like a win-win in my books.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
I don't think even Nintendo knows why they do or don't do anything :p

It's definitely a feature they should work on. My personal interest in them is pretty limited, but I've always thought it was a great feature. I've seen hundreds of people on PSN, XBL and Steam that enjoy collecting achievements, while only a handful that actively dislike them. Those that don't care either way just ignore them. Seems like a win-win in my books.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with having more options.

Hooray, another outlet for achievement-haters to remind all us idiots about how achievements are objectively pointless and stupid.

You know what else is pointless? VIDEO GAMES. Adding an achievement system is just another layer of entertainment value to something that's already a form of entertainment. I like them, and would love to have them in my Nintendo games.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

After reading so many comments on this site it's pretty obvious that people would rather all consoles were the same.

Wright said:
RolStoppable said:

So why do people not go for a perfect?

Because online gets taken down, then you can never get online achievements anymore.

I hate this so much. I hate games with online achievements because someday the online will go away, making some games almost impossible to complete.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I believe they've commented on why they won't bring any system like this to their consoles because they don't want people to keep playing games just to earn rewards or trophies for bragging rights. They want them to keep playing their game because they like playing the game.

Achievements/trophies are a worthless gimmick in my opinion, whenever I play my Xbox 360 I turn them off.

Probably because they don't want to it.

McDonaldsGuy said:
If it makes sense and the fans want it, Nintendo won't do it. Remember this is the company that once said "Customers do not want online games."

Really, did nintendo said that?, if this is true, no wonder they are always behind everyone.

fluky-nintendy said:
mZuzek said:
Because they think people should be able to know by themselves when they accomplished something great instead of needing some pop-up telling them so. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case.

But seriously? Achievements are completely pointless.

@bold: Why you think that? Don't you think it's nice to share your activities/things you spent time playing and other know that you did that? Like I see many people speedrunning on games all over youtube and for them it's not pointless even though they don't get anything in return, just the recognition for doing so.

You can do that in Miiverse

Click HERE and be happy