By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo still doesn't have a trophy/achievement system to their games in 2015?

Predict When Ninty will bring trophies:

2016-2017, after their next consoles arrive. 60 22.73%

2025, better late. 17 6.44%

Nevah! 101 38.26%

Idc for this BS. (dont lie to yourself) 86 32.58%

Total:264
RolStoppable said:
kinisking said:

Do you really think Kapi only plays games for achievements and wouldn't play games without them? Wow. He might be enthusiastic about them but if that were actually true he wouldn't have owned a ps2 or deleted his other account which had more gamerscore. And also just because they don't go for a perfect 1000 or platinum doesn't mean they think they're pointless 

Well, Ka-pi says as much and repeats it all the time.

So why do people not go for a perfect? It would be because they don't like the game enough to play it again or because earning those achievements would be a pain in the butt; in both cases, achievements are actively avoided because they make the gaming experience worse.

I rarely get a 1000gs. However I play every game more because of achievements. Most games aren't worth getting the 1000 but the achievements that are still unlocked don't make the experience worse for me at all EDIt: another thing id like to add it achievements are like enjoyable  side missions, yes a lot of people don't finish them all but they still add extra play time, encourage different play styles, and are enjoyable whether you finish them all or you only play a few. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

so if people dont care, why is there so much bitterness towards something that would be optional?

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
They are in Game achievements/trophies and NO I WILL NOT CARE about any like PS/Xbo system, especially if they are also mostly STUPID achievements and even more especially if they don't add to anything.

but i want the switzerlake achievement in EU4, i wanna be one of 0,1%! i would have never come up with such an idea by myself...

That one...

I still don't like the steam achievement system as much as the others (no overall score) but some of the insanely hard/rare ones really make you want to get them

switzerlake isnt even one of the insane EU4 achievements.

mZuzek said:
kinisking said:

But that has nothing to do with what i originally said though. I said gamerscore competition. That doesn't mean that you buy games just for achievements, my brother and I compete but I only play games that I would play with or without achievements. Yes I may play them more, but I've never bought or rent a game solely for achievements 

Gamerscore competition IS what I just said. People buy/rent/borrow games in a desperate attempt to get as many achievements as possible and have a larger e-pen.., I mean, gamerscore. If you don't do it great, but rest assured that the highest gamerscores around the world are all from people who do this.

I don't necessarily think achievements are bad, I just don't see how they add to the experience at all. If anything, I think they even detract a little bit - I didn't notice this back when I had a Xbox 360, but playing Metroid Prime: Trilogy now, I do think those popups everytime you kill a boss are extremely awkward. But of course, that wouldn't be the case with most other games, since Metroid as a game is particularly heavy on immersion - in less immersive games, I don't think achievements take away from the experience at all... but they don't add anything either.

No that's a type of competition. You don't have to rent or buy games just for achievements when in a competition. Gamerscore competition is just that, competing for gamerscore. People might do that that not all competitions are like that. And I don't believe it's awkward but that is a matter of opinion so I'll leave it be. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That one...

I still don't like the steam achievement system as much as the others (no overall score) but some of the insanely hard/rare ones really make you want to get them

switzerlake isnt even one of the insane EU4 achievements.

The Three Mountains right? I wanna go for that some time, only just got Crusader Kings 2 and I wanna get used to the gameplay in that before trying out EU4. One day though...

3 mountains isnt possible without exploits^^  i think gothic invasion is the hardest possible.  i will not try it, its just madness, and i play much mp atm, and too small countrys suck at mp

Around the Network

most gamers aren't that bothered about trophies or achievements,i'm not but i still like the gamercards that came with them

Every story has to be about something i suppose

bigtakilla said:
Kerotan said:

pretty much this. it's not a big deal on it's own but when added with all the other missing features it is. Many people will say they don't care and don't need it but if Nintendo launch them with their next console many of these same people will love them and realisewhat they were missing out on. If you have gotten a few platinums on pS3 but you also love gaming on nintendo you'd know how sweet it would be platinuming some of nintendos best games like mario, zelda etc. 

The stamps don't make me want to spend countless hours to be able to unlock. I think the stamp system is pretty great, but I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't there.

that's why i said many people. because there are always many others who won't care. 

mZuzek said:
Kerotan said:

pretty much this. it's not a big deal on it's own but when added with all the other missing features it is. Many people will say they don't care and don't need it but if Nintendo launch them with their next console many of these same people will love them and realisewhat they were missing out on. If you have gotten a few platinums on pS3 but you also love gaming on nintendo you'd know how sweet it would be platinuming some of nintendos best games like mario, zelda etc. 

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can get platinums on Nintendo games just as you can with any game ever - it's called 100%. I got a "platinum" on Super Mario 3D World and even posted the screenshot of it on Miiverse because I felt like bragging about it. I didn't feel like I didn't get rewarded or anything because the system didn't give me a little trophy saying I got a Platinum.

i used to be the same on the ps1 and ps2. then trophies came out and it got addicting. it feels so rewarding getting all the trophies along the way and then the big one. some games you have to get really creative and do things you'd not normally do. you have to experience them to really know what you're talking about. the reality is millions of nintendo fans would appreciate the feature and millions wouldn;t care. So they are much better off having it,. 

Because gameplay focuses games are terrible for a throphy/achievement system...duh.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I'm not going to wonder if Nintendo won't integrate something similar in their revision of Club Nintendo. From the beginning, Achievements should have been more than just bragging rights: they should have bought things, even if in a pitiful rate of something like 1000 GS = $2 for Live Arcade (or whatever the equivalent in old MS points was).

You should get rewarded for being great at games. Nintendo should lead the way there (or is MS doing that now? I seem to remember something about it).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.