By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo still doesn't have a trophy/achievement system to their games in 2015?

Predict When Ninty will bring trophies:

2016-2017, after their next consoles arrive. 60 22.73%

2025, better late. 17 6.44%

Nevah! 101 38.26%

Idc for this BS. (dont lie to yourself) 86 32.58%

Total:264

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
Blob said:
an achievement system would sell more games on their console bringing in more money. the only people who think it would be a bad idea are those who personally don't like achievements. the reality is it's just another missing feature that the other consoles have putting nintendo behind.

wouldnt call it the glorious be all and end all though lol

It's not a missing feature.

Yes it is. It's something some people like and the other consoles have it.

There are entre forums and groups of people dedicated to getting these things, there's a huge social aspect to them that people keep skipping over. These people buy hundreds of games trying to increase their gamerscore, that's money in Nintendos pocket.

Just because you guys don't think there's a point to these things doesn't mean others feel the same way. Options are good for everybody, those who like them can have fun with them and use them, those who don't can turn them off.

Well they already do it on a game/game basis and you can share it on Miiverse, so that's a start.

Blob said:
Materia-Blade said:

It's not a missing feature.

Yes it is. It's something some people like and the other consoles have it.

There are entre forums and groups of people dedicated to getting these things, there's a huge social aspect to them that people keep skipping over. These people buy hundreds of games trying to increase their gamerscore, that's money in Nintendos pocket.

Just because you guys don't think there's a point to these things doesn't mean others feel the same way. Options are good for everybody, those who like them can have fun with them and use them, those who don't can turn them off.

it's something that developers can put at will but it can hardly be called a feature.

Kerotan said:
Cloudman said:

I can get OCD with achievements and trophies, so I'd perfer them to not in games. I'll concede that there is a percentage that would enjoy it, but I think you are putting more value in this system than people may think it is.

I know you mean plural also, but I am one of those fans, but I had to share that I disagree as one of them.

That's fair enough but the number of people who would like them would outnumber the number who would actually be put off gaming because of them. Obviously the number that doesn't care for outweighs both. 

I, for one, am curious as to what these numbers are.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Cloudman said:

I can get OCD with achievements and trophies, so I'd perfer them to not in games. I'll concede that there is a percentage that would enjoy it, but I think you are putting more value in this system than people may think it is.

I know you mean plural also, but I am one of those fans, but I had to share that I disagree as one of them.

That's fair enough but the number of people who would like them would outnumber the number who would actually be put off gaming because of them. Obviously the number that doesn't care for outweighs both. 

This I can agree on.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I don't need trophies/Achievements to enjoy a game.