By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo still doesn't have a trophy/achievement system to their games in 2015?

Predict When Ninty will bring trophies:

2016-2017, after their next consoles arrive. 60 22.73%

2025, better late. 17 6.44%

Nevah! 101 38.26%

Idc for this BS. (dont lie to yourself) 86 32.58%

Total:264

Nintendo is aware of its addictive nature and they know that it might promote impulsive purchases. They're the good guys and they're glad those people didn't buy the Wii U.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
jigokutamago said:
fluky-nintendy said:

a system that records your amazing deeds while playing games

That's called your brain.

xD

vivster said:
Because trophies are stupid and only stupid people want trophies because they need a bigger epeen.
Since Nintendo fans already have the biggest penises they don't need trophies. If Nintendo implemented such a system their fans would only feel as if Nintendo doesn't think that they already have the biggest penises, which would make them sad.

tl;dr
Nintendo cares about their fans.

/thread

I hate this kind of mentality some Nintendo fans demonstrate as if they were ruled under the supervision 24h a day of the all mighty Nintendo, protecting from the evil powers that make the competition better than them. Why is it stupid, if there are people claiming they like to collect these stamps thingies or achieving 100% but have to have more effort sharing those than a simple method like trophies/achievements would solve instantly? Too much contradiction already.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
mZuzek said:
kinisking said:

The movers screen shit isn't as simple and easy as achievements. You can quickly go from one game to the next. And this gamer score competition isn't sad at all. Is it sad to compete for  medal or some other sort of prize in another hobby like basketball? People say video gaming is sad. Do you agree? It's not nice at all to call someone's interest sad because you don't share them 

I don't think gaming is sad. I don't think esports are sad.

But buying/renting as many games as you can and playing them to their entirety even when you dislike them just to brag about getting another "platinum" trophy? That's sad.

But that has nothing to do with what i originally said though. I said gamerscore competition. That doesn't mean that you buy games just for achievements, my brother and I compete but I only play games that I would play with or without achievements. Yes I may play them more, but I've never bought or rent a game solely for achievements 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

WhiteEaglePL said:
They are in Game achievements/trophies and NO I WILL NOT CARE about any like PS/Xbo system, especially if they are also mostly STUPID achievements and even more especially if they don't add to anything.

but i want the switzerlake achievement in EU4, i wanna be one of 0,1%! i would have never come up with such an idea by myself...

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:

I hate this kind of mentality some Nintendo fans demonstrate as if they were ruled under the supervision 24h a day of the all mighty Nintendo, protecting from the evil powers that make the competition better than them.

You're breaking a lot of people's hearts here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
kinisking said:

Do you really think Kapi only plays games for achievements and wouldn't play games without them? Wow. He might be enthusiastic about them but if that were actually true he wouldn't have owned a ps2 or deleted his other account which had more gamerscore. And also just because they don't go for a perfect 1000 or platinum doesn't mean they think they're pointless 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186281&page=1

Overstimated you :p lol jk. But if achievements didn't exist would you quit gaming? 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

RolStoppable said:

So why do people not go for a perfect?

Because online gets taken down, then you can never get online achievements anymore.

If they add something like trophies or achivements I'll buy a Wii U

PS4 Game Collection

generic-user-1 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
They are in Game achievements/trophies and NO I WILL NOT CARE about any like PS/Xbo system, especially if they are also mostly STUPID achievements and even more especially if they don't add to anything.

but i want the switzerlake achievement in EU4, i wanna be one of 0,1%! i would have never come up with such an idea by myself...

Don't care about the switzerlake or any other , stupid acheivment.