By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo still doesn't have a trophy/achievement system to their games in 2015?

Predict When Ninty will bring trophies:

2016-2017, after their next consoles arrive. 60 22.73%

2025, better late. 17 6.44%

Nevah! 101 38.26%

Idc for this BS. (dont lie to yourself) 86 32.58%

Total:264
Blob said:
an achievement system would sell more games on their console bringing in more money. the only people who think it would be a bad idea are those who personally don't like achievements. the reality is it's just another missing feature that the other consoles have putting nintendo behind.

wouldnt call it the glorious be all and end all though lol

I disagree. It isn't that I dislike achievements, I just don't care.

I would bet (if it were possible to tell) that an achievement system wouldn't make anything on Wii U sell more, ever. 

Around the Network
Blob said:
an achievement system would sell more games on their console bringing in more money. the only people who think it would be a bad idea are those who personally don't like achievements. the reality is it's just another missing feature that the other consoles have putting nintendo behind.

pretty much this. it's not a big deal on it's own but when added with all the other missing features it is. Many people will say they don't care and don't need it but if Nintendo launch them with their next console many of these same people will love them and realisewhat they were missing out on. If you have gotten a few platinums on pS3 but you also love gaming on nintendo you'd know how sweet it would be platinuming some of nintendos best games like mario, zelda etc. 

mZuzek said:
Because they think people should be able to know by themselves when they accomplished something great instead of needing some pop-up telling them so. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case.

But seriously? Achievements are completely pointless.

@bold: Why you think that? Don't you think it's nice to share your activities/things you spent time playing and other know that you did that? Like I see many people speedrunning on games all over youtube and for them it's not pointless even though they don't get anything in return, just the recognition for doing so.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Kerotan said:
Blob said:

pretty much this. it's not a big deal on it's own but when added with all the other missing features it is. Many people will say they don't care and don't need it but if Nintendo launch them with their next console many of these same people will love them and realisewhat they were missing out on. If you have gotten a few platinums on pS3 but you also love gaming on nintendo you'd know how sweet it would be platinuming some of nintendos best games like mario, zelda etc. 

The stamps don't make me want to spend countless hours to be able to unlock. I think the stamp system is pretty great, but I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't there.

Blob said:

why should anybody not buy a game just because of no archievements? im happy that those kind of "gamers" arent on the wiiu...

but newgame+ in more games would be nice

Around the Network

Because it´s pointless.

mZuzek said:
Because they think people should be able to know by themselves when they accomplished something great instead of needing some pop-up telling them so. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case.

But seriously? Achievements are completely pointless.

Achievements aren't just yourself. You can prove to your friends thst you did something for instance. You can have competition for gamerscore(which leads to more games being bought =good for Nintendo if they implement it). Also it'd satisfying to see that gamerscore grow. Yes you know that you did awesome things but to see them grow into on combined number is fun and intereetjng

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Because unlike so many other video game developers, Nintendo doesn't need to give you additional incentives to play through their games more than once.

The experience itself is rewarding enough.

RolStoppable said:
Because then people would complain that it's too hard to get the equivalent of 1,000 Gamerscore/Platinum Trophy.

If you need achievements in every game you play, you should think about why you are even playing games in the first place. You are pretty much saying that you wouldn't be a gamer if there weren't any achievements.

I've  never met someone who thought like that. Ofc they're are probably people like that but the majority think it's a good thing to supplement your experience 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

fluky-nintendy said:

a system that records your amazing deeds while playing games

That's called your brain.