By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham Knight will be M rated

Hopefully the beat-downs are more realistic then like showing broken bones and real punch impact instead of just sound effects with the enemies looking the same before and after.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The M-rating is going to increase the sales to people who are 15 years old or younger, so the reasoning of that developer makes no sense.

That might be true of other games, but I don't think teenagers need an excuse to be Batman

Maybe we will get to see some Harley Quinn boobies

1doesnotsimply

McDonaldsGuy said:
Hopefully Batman kills some people in this one. Batman's "no kill policy" is so flippin silly for a character that's supposed to be dark and brooding. I am not saying he's gotta go Punisher on bad guys but jeez everytime he lets the Joker live Batman is just as responsible of the Joker's killings!

What? That goes against everything the Batman character represents. I am all for a more violent Gotham but Batman's point is that he does not kill.

morenoingrato said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Hopefully Batman kills some people in this one. Batman's "no kill policy" is so flippin silly for a character that's supposed to be dark and brooding. I am not saying he's gotta go Punisher on bad guys but jeez everytime he lets the Joker live Batman is just as responsible of the Joker's killings!

What? That goes against everything the Batman character represents. I am all for a more violent Gotham but Batman's point is that he does not kill.

I agree with you that Batman shouldn't kill any criminal or villain, even if I find it pretty annoying. But would maiming be okay on the game? Because I feel like it's one of the apporaches Rocksteady will be going for at this game. If my memory serves me right, Batman has maimed a few of his opponents on the comics without killing them.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

We are talking about the USA here. Excessive violence is of no concern for the vast majority of parents, so kids won't have to do any convincing.

Besides, ratings for video games are merely guidelines, not legally binding like the sale of alcohol. Most clerks aren't going to care if a kid buys an M-rated game on their own.

This is bullshit old man. I was carded for mature games up to the age of 26. Just like Americans do for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana and firearms.

morenoingrato said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

The Dark Knight Returns (2012) had an old extra-cynical Batman come out of retirement and it was strongly implied that he crippled a thug forever by having a police officer in the scene screaming "you've crippled him forever!" And he intentionally threw a batarang at someone's eye then almost choked him to death. This game being last in the series could feature the same frustrated Batman that does these wonderful things but without having white hair and a mustache in the beginning.

.- -... -.-. -..

RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

This is bullshit old man. I was carded for mature games up to the age of 26. Just like Americans do for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana and firearms.

Noted, babyface.

Thanks for the compliment. 

Lets see catwoman naked!!! Woot!!! I had fun with her by just slow-walking

Not that I care about ratings in games, but I do wonder why it'll be M-rated instead of T-rated like other ones!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---