Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham Knight will be M rated

chocoloco said:

This is bullshit old man. I was carded for mature games up to the age of 26. Just like Americans do for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana and firearms.

Noted, babyface.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

This is bullshit old man. I was carded for mature games up to the age of 26. Just like Americans do for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana and firearms.

Noted, babyface.

Thanks for the compliment. 

Lets see catwoman naked!!! Woot!!! I had fun with her by just slow-walking

Not that I care about ratings in games, but I do wonder why it'll be M-rated instead of T-rated like other ones!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

That's interesting. The previous games were dark for a T rated games.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network

News surprises no one xD

Yep. Because "The Dark Knight Rises" proved that drab, "dark as possible" Batman was the way to go.

RolStoppable said:

Most clerks aren't going to care if a kid buys an M-rated game on their own.

I think they probably would considering their job is potentially on the line.  I'm a cashier at a major retailer and if I can't discern whether the kid is 17 or over I always ask for ID.

Giving M-rated just because the game is dark, i have Batman Arkham City or Origins for Wii U & they're both T-rated for some reason, blood, violence, drug reference, mild language, you name it! Gore, nudity, strong language & sex content are only easy giving M-rated for games, like Quake 2 example, it's M-rated, why? There's gore, enough said, nothing else, just violence, blood & "gore". I don't know what's with Batman Arkham Knight.

Steam ID: Quakecore89 / GOG: AMDFX89 / Xbox Live Tag: QUAKEcore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PC: (Ryzen 5 5600X(placeholder)/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/RTX 3060(placeholder)/Crucial 250GB SATA M.2+Corsair 1TB NVMe)

Anyone else think it seems easier (and more attractive to marketing teams) for a game to get an M rating than it is for a film to get an R rating? Most of the big summer blockbusters wind up rated PG-13. Those companies aren't worried that they have to get an R rating to appeal to teenagers. You look at a movie like The Dark Knight, which has plenty of violence and dark themes, and it's rated PG-13. Is Arkham Knight actually more mature than that film, or is it just easier for games to get that rating?