By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham Knight will be M rated

That's interesting. The previous games were dark for a T rated games.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network

Yep. Because "The Dark Knight Rises" proved that drab, "dark as possible" Batman was the way to go.

RolStoppable said:

Most clerks aren't going to care if a kid buys an M-rated game on their own.

I think they probably would considering their job is potentially on the line.  I'm a cashier at a major retailer and if I can't discern whether the kid is 17 or over I always ask for ID.

Giving M-rated just because the game is dark, i have Batman Arkham City or Origins for Wii U & they're both T-rated for some reason, blood, violence, drug reference, mild language, you name it! Gore, nudity, strong language & sex content are only easy giving M-rated for games, like Quake 2 example, it's M-rated, why? There's gore, enough said, nothing else, just violence, blood & "gore". I don't know what's with Batman Arkham Knight.

Anyone else think it seems easier (and more attractive to marketing teams) for a game to get an M rating than it is for a film to get an R rating? Most of the big summer blockbusters wind up rated PG-13. Those companies aren't worried that they have to get an R rating to appeal to teenagers. You look at a movie like The Dark Knight, which has plenty of violence and dark themes, and it's rated PG-13. Is Arkham Knight actually more mature than that film, or is it just easier for games to get that rating?

Around the Network

Well well, this is interesting. I wonder why it's rated M? I guess because of the story.

He's obviously going to sleep with all the females . . .

Anyways, I'm so excited for this game.

Read some Batman comics (The Death of the Family storyline if you want a pretty good Joker story) and you can easily see why a "Mature" rating might be warranted.

Gammalad said:

Oh the fun I will have IDing 13-16 year olds coming into GameStop trying to buy this game

You are my kind of evil, let us know the stories when they happen :D

Mr_No said:
morenoingrato said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Hopefully Batman kills some people in this one. Batman's "no kill policy" is so flippin silly for a character that's supposed to be dark and brooding. I am not saying he's gotta go Punisher on bad guys but jeez everytime he lets the Joker live Batman is just as responsible of the Joker's killings!

What? That goes against everything the Batman character represents. I am all for a more violent Gotham but Batman's point is that he does not kill.

I agree with you that Batman shouldn't kill any criminal or villain, even if I find it pretty annoying. But would maiming be okay on the game? Because I feel like it's one of the apporaches Rocksteady will be going for at this game. If my memory serves me right, Batman has maimed a few of his opponents on the comics without killing them.

I like what he does in Batman and Batman Returns. He kills but he only does it when it's necessary (Joker, Axis Chemical goons, Penguin's thugs).