By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most Wanted Features on Next Nintendo Console

I want a SNES version of the Wiimote. Wireless connection to the Nunchuck. 4 buttons (ABXY on the wiimote side) R and ZR buttons where the B Trigger is on Wiimote. Analog stick where D Pad is. Improved motion controls for the nunchuck and analog for left side, and a ZL and L buttons on left side. Option to snap both sides together like a Pro controller. Battery efficiency like the Pro controller.

Most importantly, the option to install games to the HDD for faster access. Whatever system power it has will be plenty for what Nintendo wants. Real question will be if its enough to appease 3rd party devs. (odds are it will never be enough.)

Around the Network

Equal or slight difference in power to the other consoles within in it's gen and most importantly can play all of the games the other consoles can. A normal controller that's similar to either a ps4 or xbone controller. No gimmicks. Has full 3rd party support. Has all the hardward features the others do like being able to play dvd's or bluray. Prices of their games drop in sync with the other consoles. Relaxed youtube policies. Supports VR. Within a $300 to $400 price range. 

Standard controller. Enough system power to attract third parties and compete. 1TB HDD.

Something like trophies... Getting trophies is somthing I like doing after beating a game. I would probably own a Wii U right now if there was trophies or something like that.

At least a 500GB HD

A normal Controller

PS4 Game Collection

padib said:

How does the X1 have CrossBuy, CrossSave?
MS does not have a handheld and imo they should offer crossbuy/save/play for crossgen games. However it doesn´t matter if MS has this feature right now....this is about what Nintendo needs to have for their next gen console

Nintendo has
Voicechat (nobody uses it)
Yeah I think it would be more useful to have during games...or you know not limited to ppl on your friendlist
Video chat (nobody uses it)
Do you have any solid numbers for that?
Proper Account System (NNID)
That has to be a joke...tied to 1 console....
Proper Friend System
Well it´s still archaic in some ways (100ppl limit/strange process to register/notifications/status updates/check on your friends) but already way better than friend codes

What is
Snap functionality?
It takes a part of the screen to display alternate information (friends/profiles/stats/etc and of course TV) video
Shareplay?
Essentially Playing together online but only one person needs to own the game.....wiki and a video
Gimmick Hardware?
Such as the Wiimote (yes even though it was a success), the gamepad and to a lesser extend the SSD (if it was a 250gig one it would be fine)

Why does Nintendo need
Editing software?
Yep like share factory. You know an app to edit your recorded gameplay. video

Well these are all features of this gen So I think even if one feat is currently only on MS or Sony Nintendo should aim to cover them all plus lotsa new stuff. Or they will be already behind on release once again.

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
Around the Network

trophy system - Wii U has a stamp collection system but it is part of the game. if they enhance the stamp collection system in similar way a trophy system would work on other games.

use of x86 for easier porting of 3rd party games.

use a normal controller and still support older controllers.

make specs on par or little bit par with PS5/X2

DialgaMarine said:
An Achievement/ Trophy system would be a huge selling point for me. Honestly I think that's been the biggest turnoff for me with the Wii-U.

Really? This was a bigger turn off than the lack of 3rd party support or the fact that the console isn't region free?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

No Region coding.

Achievement system (120 stars per game - Make it happen!).

Snap functionality.

Hybrid functionality with a handheld/Cross play.

Completely revised accounts system and friends/game save/game access system.

More Virtual Console games.

Basically what the internet wants is a Playstation with Nintendo's name stamped on it.

Region free.
Some form of 3rd party support.
Some extra focus on online gaming (voice chat/dedicated servers, etc)
New IP's.