By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most Wanted Features on Next Nintendo Console

Handheld and console with the same architecture, operating system, online infrastructure that share a software library and features cross-buy/cross-save.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

A Virtual Console that is actually freaking decent maybe? Not a trickle down of games that take forever, also I want NES, SNES, AND N64 games from day 1.

To throw something more out there in there, if the console is indeed just basically a souped up version of the handheld chip, it probably will be extremely energy efficient and small (like the Playstation TV).

I wouldn't mind the ability to be able to hook up two of them in unison via something like a high speed data port to double the raw horsepower. If one only consumes say 12 watts of power, that could work. Dual GPUs are all the rage these days anyway.

I wouldn't mind a break apart controller perhaps. One that can function as a motion pointer in some cases but attach back together to be a standard controller too. Maybe you can do things like twist it down the middle like that Namco controller for a different controller mechanism. That could be neat I guess.

shikamaru317 said:

-Specs that are closer to the competition than this gen
-Handheld/console hybrid (Fusion)

-Achievements system of some sort
-More 3rd party support

Yeah 1 and 2 aren't happening. It's either one or the other. 

JayWood2010 said:

Docking Station

You realise how entiquated that would be, right? A console doesn't need a physical dock to play handheld games in this decade. Imagine if the iphone had to be docked to your macbook to listen to itunes on your laptop. That's literally what you're asking for by wanting a "docking station."

A true account system.

A gimmick free controller.

Region free.

A hard drive.

Around the Network

The ability to play games would, at the end of the day, be the only feature I'd need, but of course, I'd like to see some kind of progress each gen.

• - Unified Account system with unified OS across both would be the most important thing.
  • - Customizable UI of the OS
  • - Continuation and improvement of Miiverse
  • - Power and architecture of the hardware at least in the same ballpark as the competition
  • - Ability to install disc based games to hard drive

Lastly I'm kind of a statistics guy so I'd like to know as much stats on everything as possible. Obviously I'm refering to the Activity Log. The WiiU one is barebones. On 3DS, you can filter data to all kinds of parameters so that one is on the right track. Also, this gen they've been having a lower built quality on their controllers it seems. Particularly the buttons. GamePad buttons are 'flimsy' and small like if they were left-over handheld buttons. I want to see GameCube and older rigidness again!

shikamaru317 said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah 1 and 2 aren't happening. It's either one or the other. 

You have a point, but then again the original Fusion leak suggested that the Fusion Terminal would have pretty high specs. 

That's because it was a bullshit,  made up leak

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Heavy VR support. I want this enough that I'm likely to buy and play most on whichever console gives this experience

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

tolu619 said:
Heavy VR support. I want this enough that I'm likely to buy and play most on whichever console gives this experience

You're gonna need a PS4 for that. 

I'd like a Netflix-like subscriber system for the VC. Obviously games you currently own would still be yours. But at a tiered rate per month you could play any game. NES tier would be $4, SNES would be $6, N64 $8, GC $10. Those would be cumulative, so having an N64 tiered subscription would get you SNES and NES games as well.

I'd also like to see them introduce "challenges" to these VC titles. You could challenge your friends (or the miiverse community) to a challenge for a certain game. Consider it like taking on a quest. An example of a challenge would be to beat SMB with only 3 lives, or to beat the Megaman bosses in a certain order. A challenge can only be submitted once the author of the challenge has completed it him/herself.

I'd also like to see Miiverse be better implemented on the front end of the system, as opposed to being within the menu as it is now. I'd be more likely to comment and join in discussions if it felt like I wasn't leaving the main system to do so.