By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will the Xenoblade games rank in lifetime sales?

?

XBC > XBC 3D > XCX 21 9.91%

XBC > XCX > XBC 3D 25 11.79%

XBC 3D > XBC > XCX 12 5.66%

XBC 3D > XCX > XBC 35 16.51%

XCX > XBC > XBC 3D 44 20.75%

XCX > XBC 3D > XBC 75 35.38%

Total:212
Jumpin said:
Wii U game will sell the most simply because there's nothing else for Wii U owners to buy. The 3DS will sell the second most because it is easier to get ahold of than the Wii version was thanks to digital download.

By the time this game comes out, there will be plenty of currently unreleased games to buy, and some that will be releasing right around the corner. And that's assuming everyone has all the games they want that are currently released. I know I don't.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Jumpin said:
Wii U game will sell the most simply because there's nothing else for Wii U owners to buy. The 3DS will sell the second most because it is easier to get ahold of than the Wii version was thanks to digital download.

By the time this game comes out, there will be plenty of currently unreleased games to buy, and some that will be releasing right around the corner. And that's assuming everyone has all the games they want that are currently released. I know I don't.

I am making the assumption of an early to mid Summer release given the Japanese launch is in 3 months, and status updates of localization being well underway as of late last year. Obviously though, if it slips down to around the fall, Zelda will eat it alive.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

fatslob-:O said:

Did people here forget that XBC 3D is EXCLUSIVE to the New Nintendo 3DS ?

Oh shit, yeah.

I wieh I could change my vote. 3DS version will be last place.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
bigtakilla said:

I am making the assumption of an early to mid Summer release given the Japanese launch is in 3 months, and status updates of localization being well underway as of late last year. Obviously though, if it slips down to around the fall, Zelda will eat it alive.

Well if it releases late fall/early summer, I could see your point. 

Jumpin said:
bigtakilla said:

It would be AWESOME if it releases in the middle of the year in the West, but I feel like an October release is much more likely.

Around the Network

GalactoGeist said:
I feel Xenoblade Chronicles 3D will outsell the Wii version (due to the outrageous cost f

or a Wii copy). There seems to be alot of hype for XCX on here, so maybe it will outsell

them all, not sure.

This topic is already enough for me.

XCX>XC>XC3D

3d requires a N3DS, XCX is coming off the surprise success and reception of the original and the U has a good attach rate as well as Nintendo pushing the game a lot better rather then NOE alone carrying the game. XCX it also has the chance to perform much better in Japan then the original which flopped in Japan but did well in the west.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

Well, I hope so, I doubt it though. I think early fall will  be the earliest we are going to see this game. 

October would be my bet, right before Zelda in November.

Nah, August/Sept. Unless Star Fox U is out one of those months instead^

bigtakilla said:
Materia-Blade said:

XCX will release way earlier than holidays.

Well, I hope so, I doubt it though. I think early fall will  be the earliest we are going to see this game. 

I'm thinking july or august at the latest.

fatslob-:O said:

2. The SOFTWARE updates are optional however the HARDWARE ones aren't. The homebrew scene on the WII is relatively small in comparison to the rest so Xenoblade isn't the only one at a disadvantage and the only platform that I can remember at the time where console piracy was truly rampant on was the PSP. The WII had the benefit of a newer audience who were less educated about these topics so they were less likely to attempt such actions. 

Homebrew on Wii was very, very strong. Softmodding the console was so easy, a little kid could do it. Seriously, there was software that auto-modded the thing! And let's not forget that the newer audience you're talking about isn't the audience that buys Xenoblade. People who buy Xenoblade would softmod a Wii in a matter of 2-3 hours tops. Or they could pay $10 for somebody to do it for them.

Wii was the last console with rampant piracy. X360 was also suffering from it, but online bans helped to limit it somewhat.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.