By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will the Xenoblade games rank in lifetime sales?

?

XBC > XBC 3D > XCX 21 9.91%

XBC > XCX > XBC 3D 25 11.79%

XBC 3D > XBC > XCX 12 5.66%

XBC 3D > XCX > XBC 35 16.51%

XCX > XBC > XBC 3D 44 20.75%

XCX > XBC 3D > XBC 75 35.38%

Total:212

XCX > XBC > XBC 3D.

Or.

XCX > XBC 3D > XBC. :S

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
bigtakilla said:

By the time XBX comes out is when the typical swing of great games seem to hit (holiday 2015 will be my guess for Worldwide release). The usual 1st quater dry spell will be long gone. 

Maybe if the worldwide release was April 24th I'd see your point.

XCX will release way earlier than holidays.

Well, I hope so, I doubt it though. I think early fall will  be the earliest we are going to see this game. 

curl-6 said:
fatslob-:O said:

Yes but Xenoblade wasn't the only one to face those challenges ... 

True. All franchises must at one point overcome the challenge of being a newcomer. Being an unknown JRPG exclusive to the Wii late in its life was a bit tougher than most have it though.

With the added difficulty of being limited in the US.  

bigtakilla said:
Materia-Blade said:

XCX will release way earlier than holidays.

Well, I hope so, I doubt it though. I think early fall will  be the earliest we are going to see this game. 

October would be my bet, right before Zelda in November.

XCX> XBC> XBC 3D

Xenoblade for Wii U seems to be gaining in hype and in turn I think that will make it the best selling game of the bunch.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

October would be my bet, right before Zelda in November.

I could agree with this. And still, by October the drought of Wii U 2015 games will be gone (I know this doesn't pertain to what you are talking about Curl, but referencing the original post I was replying to). 

I guess one question I have is, why are we seperating XC3D and XC. They are essentially the same game.

bigtakilla said:

I guess one question I have is, why are we seperating XC3D and XC. They are essentially the same game.

Because I'm interested to see if people think the port can outsell the original.

Wii U game will sell the most simply because there's nothing else for Wii U owners to buy. The 3DS will sell the second most because it is easier to get ahold of than the Wii version was thanks to digital download.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

Because I'm interested to see if people think the port can outsell the original.

Ah. Well, that is tough.... While there is hype and acclaim that might push sales, there also is the disadvantage of being able to find it now (granted at a high price but you don't need to buy a system to play it). It really just comes down to now many New 3DS' sell...