By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Demo 3 Hours gameplay, Main Game around 60% now

I'm really liking the mechanics so far. I hope magic works with the game this well. Notice how you can capitalize on enemies after they've been knocked down and how co-op attacks allow you to leave them wide open for you to capitalize on. Noctis is also the prime healer in battle. It looked like Noctis gave out a command to the others to hide behind a rock.

One minor complaint: the size seems too big. Although this is a demo, so I won't run that into the ground. I hope we can travel faster eventually...like 'teh airships'!

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Brilliant for a demo! Some full games are barely that long!

Indeed. Let's hope the story and plot development be just as great too.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

FF0 is becoming more and more a better value. I am temped to pre order, have to think about

I'm so excited for this game!

The night time seems to be most fun with all the more difficult enemies like goblins coming out to attack 

The title screen gives me Versus XIII vibes especially with "Somnus" as background music

P.S I can't believe in the other thread I wrote "Bahamut" instead of "Behemoth" XD

60% done?

Awesome, should be ready in time for Q4 2018. :D

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

If only FFXV was 1920x800 for a true cinematic experience... ;)

It's weird that no music plays while they're running around the fields

Looking good but I'll remain skeptical. I'm concerned that so much seems locked to camping; that this will limit players' ability to customize their experience.

Maybe I'm just critical, but considering how long we've had to wait for this game, the state of console JRPGs, and the disappointment after XIII, most I think would agree that it isn't quite enough for this game to be just "good" or "great" - it has to be excellent. We want back the days where Final Fantasy was a fundamental part of the Playstation experience, where it drove huge hype and added diversity to an increasingly Western-oriented library. We want back the highly innovative gameplay, the memorable stories, the fantastic music. We want back the excitement - for it to be a must-own JRPG like Pokemon, for it to get several nominations for GOTY, for people to always be talking  about it...

A lot is actually riding on this game. I think this article sums it up pretty well:

http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-xv-problem-1631021969

If this game doesn't meet its lofty expectations, Japanese devs could become afraid to invest into console development and the eastern presence could dry up somewhat. Considering a lot of these games don't come to PC (or at least there's along wait), that might damage consoles' ability to rack up exclusives which differentiate them from PC, especially the PS4. Than we get stuck with mostly first-party games which vary in quality and take long times to come out with present-day development costs and cycles.

Ka-pi96 said:

I came into this thread hoping that there would be a joke somewhere like this. Thank you.

VXIII said:
I love that fact that the same area feels really different during different time of day. The dynamic lighting system brings the world to life. I also love how the clouds are moving swiftly in the sky. It is not a simple background.

Actually Unreal Engine 3 already has awesome clouds, so it's nothing new. I do admit that always looks neat.