By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This generation has sucked so far

Drakrami said:
I don't know where you guys put your expectations. Take, Destiny for example, I recently got it and started playing it with a friend. It's decently fun and not an experience you coulda had last gen. Yet, it is the most bashed game.

So yeah, game's quality has not decreased. Maybe gamers are more whinny nowadays?

Destiny is on 360 and PS3.

Around the Network

While I do agree that the generation has been a bit slow, you lost a lot of credibility when you said Nintendo wasn't doing well. I mean, are you kidding? The 3DS has some of the best games ever released in their series (Fire Emblem Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default, Animal Crossing New Leaf, OoT 3D and MM 3D, Pokemon X and Y, etc) and the Wii U has been doing absolutely fantastic as well (Smash Bros U, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Mario 3D World, and the upcoming Xenoblade X and Zelda U, which has a fantastic artstyle thank you very much).

If you're going to completely disregard one of the most prominent software producers in your assessment, why bother even making a post? Not to mention that the PS4 and One are getting some crazy good looking games this year too, like Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, etc, and have already had some pretty amazing games released like Shadows of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, Far Cry 4, and Infamous Second Son.

How about you go buy a Wii U and/or 3DS and try some of the absolutely fantastic games I mentioned, or if you cant/won't, stop complaining and go play some of the great games already out or wait for a few more months for the crazy amout of great releases to come out.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I found the entire 7th gen to be dreary and the 8th is shaping up to be exactly the same. In other words; I agree with the OP.

I agree with OP. Though I think MS has delivered more value than Sony so far.

Wii U has thrown quite a few game, Pikmin 3,Donkey Kong, MK8, Smash have all been top notch for me

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

While I do agree that the generation has been a bit slow, you lost a lot of credibility when you said Nintendo wasn't doing well. I mean, are you kidding? The 3DS has some of the best games ever released in their series (Fire Emblem Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default, Animal Crossing New Leaf, OoT 3D and MM 3D, Pokemon X and Y, etc) and the Wii U has been doing absolutely fantastic as well (Smash Bros U, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Mario 3D World, and the upcoming Xenoblade X and Zelda U, which has a fantastic artstyle thank you very much).

If you're going to completely disregard one of the most prominent software producers in your assessment, why bother even making a post? Not to mention that the PS4 and One are getting some crazy good looking games this year too, like Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, etc, and have already had some pretty amazing games released like Shadows of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, Far Cry 4, and Infamous Second Son.

How about you go buy a Wii U and/or 3DS and try some of the absolutely fantastic games I mentioned, or if you cant/won't, stop complaining and go play some of the great games already out or wait for a few more months for the crazy amout of great releases to come out.

I do mention Nintendo, and the Wii U is probably the biggest disappointment.

Smash Bros. U looks OK, but 3D World is not what should've been Mario's first HD 3D Platformer outing. And Zelda U looks too cartoonish.

The Wii U has too little to offer for so much price. Should get rid of the gamepad and sell it for $199.

Bloodborne will make this generation shine. If not, then I'm selling my PS4 and going back to the N64.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

But the wiiu as backwards compatibility :/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I've enjoyed this Gen more than last, especially on the Xbox side. There's been new IP's, the monthly console updates, no shortage of games, the exciting updates with Windows 10, etc. It's been extremely exciting.

I couldn't disagree with your Nintendo comment more. The company has been on FIRE lately. Your complaint that their 3D Mario game is just a "sequel of the 3DS game" makes me question whether or not you've played it, since in terms of power ups and level design 3D World is on a completely different level from 3D Land, and comes very close to the Galaxy games in terms of quality. Can't really speak for the quality of the new Zelda yet since it won't be out for awhile, but I really don't think you should discount the game on visuals alone. Honestly, it's cartoony visuals are far more appealing than the realistic graphics of Twilight Princess imo.

Then there's Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2+1, Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Wonderful 101, Windwaker HD...and that's just their Wii U titles. 3DS Has also had a great line-up which'd at least double this list.

I will agree that the PS4 has been disappointing so far. All I've really played on it so far are some PC ports, mediocre launch titles, a few last gen remasters, and Infamous Second Son, which was pretty fun. But things WILL improve.

Xbox One I've had more fun with, thanks to games like Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, and Master Chief Collection's single player mode (and multiplayer once that started functioning properly).

Yeah, overall this gen has been lackluster so far, especially when you factor out Nintendo and it's "last gen" hardware, but the first few years of the last generation was kinda slow too. It'll pick up.