By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Really Likes Metacritic

Tagged games:

Huh. A little bit on the weird side for Iwata but nothing big.

The worst they can do is to start mentioning Metascores in Directs, and E3 press conferences...

Around the Network
Twilord said:
celador said:
That is unlikely to stay the case for much longer, looking at the 2015 release schedule. Then what are they going to do?

Release Splatoon, Zelda U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Majoras Mask, Project S.T.E.A.M., Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Monster Hunter 4, Puzzle & Dragon: Mario Bros Edition... etc.

Question is, what are Sony and Microsoft gonna do? The third party support that pushed them ahead seems increasingly careless...

Don't think Yoshi's Woolly World or P&D:MBE are going to get 85+ critic and user score. 

Aside from that, Nintendo has some great games coming, but they won't want to compare this kind of stuff against PS and Xbox for much longer. There are a lot of games on those two systems that could be very successful this year, and I don't think the same comparison at the same time next year will be as flattering to Nintendo.  They should be proud of their games, but pointing out the situation on other systems is only going to make it more apparent when they don't in future.

Really Kotaku....

They like it a little too much. I thought that they would really like lots of sales but I guess a good meta score is good enough for iwata is good enough for me.

lol, this is why I don't want to be a journalist(generally speaking), sometimes you have to be a little dirty to get those clicks.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Twilord said:
celador said:
That is unlikely to stay the case for much longer, looking at the 2015 release schedule. Then what are they going to do?

Release Splatoon, Zelda U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Majoras Mask, Project S.T.E.A.M., Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Monster Hunter 4, Puzzle & Dragon: Mario Bros Edition... etc.

Question is, what are Sony and Microsoft gonna do? The third party support that pushed them ahead seems increasingly careless...

I can't see those ones scoring at all well.

And Monster Hunter 4 is Capcom, not Nintendo.

Monster Hunter is an exclusive to a Nintendo console. They counted Bayonetta and hell even Rayman...

Also if you want to assume those games will do badly for no reason, can I just assume that any game on PS4 and Xbone that isn't Uncharted or Halo is also likely to score 84 or less? It'd be an equally moronic assumption. Hell I even left out Star-Fox BECAUSE of the series recent history, despite confidence in the game having promise; not to mention Devil's Third and EVEN Fire-Emblem X Shin-Megami-Tensei, because despite knowing they still plan to release it this year we don't know if the two franchises will blend well. 

Nuvendil said:

Mummelmann said:
Well, the "article" is annoying in form but the point is still valid; boasting about metascores is what forum goers and adolescents do and it seems weird and kind of childish to me. Plus; let's look at the tally when the One and PS4 are two-and a half years out and it's not like the Vita has any support...

It reminds me of when Sony or MS talk about the "Xbox family" or "Playstation family" in PR; it looks silly.

At least they don't do this:

True enough; the funniest is when a game has received good reviews only from obscure sites and magazines so they need to dig really deep to find positive ones.

"Monthly Waffles and Gaming Cozy Magazine: PERFECT TEN GAME FOR WAFFLES AND COZY TIME!!!"

Ka-pi96 said:
Twilord said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Twilord said:

I can't see those ones scoring at all well.

And Monster Hunter 4 is Capcom, not Nintendo.

Monster Hunter is an exclusive to a Nintendo consoles. they counted Bayonetta and Rayman...

Also if you want to assume those games will do badly for no reason, can I just assume that any game on PS4 and Xbone that isn't Uncharted or Halo is also likely to score 84 or less? It'd be an equally moronic assumption. Hell I even left out Star-Fox BECAUSE of the series recent history, despite confidence in the game having promise; not to mention Devil's Third and EVEN Fire-Emblem X Shin-Megami-Tensei, because despite knowing they still plan to release it this year we don't know if the two franchises will blend well. 

I'm not assuming they are going to score low for no reason, I'm assuming they are going to score low because they don't look like good games. Hence why I left out Zelda U and Xenoblade since I fully expect them to both 90+ scores.

Splatoon looks like a low content, low price indie game. The only way I can see it doing well is if it priced accordingly, but it sounds like it will be full priced so I expect it to get a lot of criticism because of that (similar to Ground Zeroes and The Order)

As for Yoshi, just look at the score the latest Kirby game got. I can see it scoring about the same.

Mario Maker looks like a Littlebigplanet clone with SNES level graphics, considering how poorly LBP3 did I'd expect the same if not worse here.

Project Steam just looks archaic. Like Splatoon it may actually do well if it is sold for a cheap price though.

Puzzle & Dragon is a casual orientated game only popular in Japan, I fully expect it to get torn apart by western reviewers on metacritic. A 40/40 on famitsu wouldn't surprise me in the least though.

My beloved ka-pi you are making a mistake with mario maker,can you guess which is your mistake?:P

ktay95 said:
Well they cant talk sales, guess Meta is the only way they feel they can boast about their achivements.

I'd boast too. Their exclusives have outscored the other two companies exclusives and will probably continue to do so this entire gen. Sales, or no sales, that's something to be proud about imo.

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

My beloved ka-pi you are making a mistake with mario maker,can you guess which is your mistake?:P

No, what's my mistake?

You said that it has Snes level graphics  but you forgot that mario maker has all the super mario bros styles,from NES to WII U!