By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Really Likes Metacritic

Tagged games:

They should. I've seen Sony/Microsoft fans boast about Metacritics scores and that's how they determine what game is better than the other, but as soon as Nintendo fans do the same,then Metacritic suddenly becomes ''irrelevant''

that's the common routine ive seen throughout the internet

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
No matter what Nintendo does some people will just want to make it sound negative.

If Nintendo gives the Wii U a price drop = "Wow, Nintendo's getting really desperate".
If Nintendo talks about how their system has the best reviewed games = "That's just sad".

also 100% this ^

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

It's nothing to be cocky about - Nintendo is just proving that their games are better based on the media views. Nintendo always deserves this credit and should be proud of it. Who wouldn't?

HollyGamer said:
97alexk said:
HollyGamer said:
97alexk said:

So you saying yuck to nintendo because they  are proud that they make games better then the other companies?

Did i am saying that, i guess you need to carefully read the article who is the author? and do you really thing they make better then the other company becuase meta critic say. Well i am sory meta critic does not judge how good the games are, sory to disapoint you.

Well sorry, but  i couldnt understand sometimes what you were saying. and even though your not the author you probably agree with the article. so thats how i meant it. Also metacritic does not judge how good a game is? well thats kinda what they do, they judge how good a game is by alot of reviewers. Even though yes in the end its everyone personal taste what they think is good. But maybe you are against nintendo somehow, or you hate nintendo idk. Just seems that way to me. So ofc you will try defend your statements :)

To bad what Nintendo need is not love or hate but critics, please don't compare me with people who love or hate a company. I can accuse you for hating Nintendo because you opposing any critic that help Nintendo, maybe the opinion on the the article is a little bit hard,  but that is understandable due to the click bait factor, but saying because of hate is not right. Please, you need to understand that hate is not a word  that worth to discuss when you discussing game sales.

Sorry, but i have no clue what you talking about anymore :/

97alexk said:
HollyGamer said:
97alexk said:
HollyGamer said:
97alexk said:

So you saying yuck to nintendo because they  are proud that they make games better then the other companies?

Did i am saying that, i guess you need to carefully read the article who is the author? and do you really thing they make better then the other company becuase meta critic say. Well i am sory meta critic does not judge how good the games are, sory to disapoint you.

Well sorry, but  i couldnt understand sometimes what you were saying. and even though your not the author you probably agree with the article. so thats how i meant it. Also metacritic does not judge how good a game is? well thats kinda what they do, they judge how good a game is by alot of reviewers. Even though yes in the end its everyone personal taste what they think is good. But maybe you are against nintendo somehow, or you hate nintendo idk. Just seems that way to me. So ofc you will try defend your statements :)

To bad what Nintendo need is not love or hate but critics, please don't compare me with people who love or hate a company. I can accuse you for hating Nintendo because you opposing any critic that help Nintendo, maybe the opinion on the the article is a little bit hard,  but that is understandable due to the click bait factor, but saying because of hate is not right. Please, you need to understand that hate is not a word  that worth to discuss when you discussing game sales.

Sorry, but i have no clue what you talking about anymore :/

I can understand him fine. :D

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

They should. I've seen Sony/Microsoft fans boast about Metacritics scores and that's how they determine what game is better than the other, but as soon as Nintendo fans do the same,then Metacritic suddenly becomes ''irrelevant''

Sure it's the common routine throughout the internet for fans, and I've seen all kinds of metacritic based game lists comparing different consoles or platforms with all kinds of ridiculous qualifiers to skew the results but I don't usually see that from companies and that's what's so odd.  Just not something I'd expect to see from a company.

Maybe I'm wrong though, I'll admit defeat if you can find another company making a silly "we have the best games" list add that has atleast three qualifiers attached to worm their way towards the best ratio they can possibly muster.  

PwerlvlAmy said:

did you read the article, or you didn't read?

is because metacritic loves nintendo.