By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 7 (finished)

Tagged games:

kinisking said:
BraLoD said:
kinisking said:
im 15 and the only games ive played and finished more than 2 times is Castlevania SOTN and ff7


Nice, try some others as well.
I've played some games more than 10 times already, but it was the first time for FF7

any recommendations?


As you seems to like PS1 games I'll let my top 3 RPGs on the system as a recommendation if you still didn't played it.

The Legend of Dragoon

Diablo

Digimon World 3 (might wanna try Digimon World first).

 

But unless you have a PS1/PS2/Original Model PS3 and a lot of money, The Legend of Dragoon is the only one on PSN.

You can emulate them, but I dunno if that would be the best way to experience them for you.



Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
BraLoD said:


Thank you xD
What about FF8?


FFVIII is a rather love-it-or-hate-it kind of game, ESPECIALLY the story. It's the FF game with the most theories, which some would say means it's the most interesting and promissing plot, other would say the theories are just there to try to make the plot any decent. There's one particular plot twist on this game that seems to infuriate a lot of people.

Then there's the Draw thing. If you approach it right, and consider the existence of the Refine abilites, it's not a big deal. Also, the game mechanics are broken. What I mean by that, is that you can nearly max out your stats with nearly to no effort. To put things in perspective, this is the only game where I've beaten the super bosses, because they weren't really that hard. I'm not really complaining, I love destroying a game sometimes, but being broken is not exactly a quality.


I doubt I'll master the system so badly in my first time, so that should not be much of a problem xD

And I like love stories, some can be really good, to be honest was always the one I wanted to try the most.



ParryWinkle said:
BraLoD said:


Thank you xD
What about FF8?


FF8 is sitting inbetween two fantastic FF games so FF8 is sorta underwhelming in comparison. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game but the plot is a confusing mind fuck (not in a really good way) and the characters are sort of bland (although I liked XIII so I shouldn't be complaining about that). The battle system can be broken very easily and you can become a god but it's still enjoyable.


Well seems like the battle system is really a weak spot, well, it's good I dunno a thing about it.

I also liked FF13, the game have several things lacking but the story was great IMO.



artur-fernand said:
ParryWinkle said:


FF8 is sitting inbetween two fantastic FF games so FF8 is sorta underwhelming in comparison. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game but the plot is a confusing mind fuck (not in a really good way) and the characters are sort of bland (although I liked XIII so I shouldn't be complaining about that). The battle system can be broken very easily and you can become a god but it's still enjoyable.


Nah, people can bitch all they want, XIII is actually pretty good at character development and interactions. VIII's characters are... just there.


I mostly agree with this but I just couldn't stand Snow's personality.  I thought he was very uninteresting and unlike the other characters, his personality didn't change by the end of the game. Everyone else was very well developed. I didn't find him interesting until LR.



No matter how people says this game is overrated, I still love it. This, FF4 and FF9 are some of the best RPG experiences I had.

I still remember the song that plays on the World Map. One of the most beautiful musics I've heard in a game.

Oh, and by the way, great review, BraLoD.



Around the Network
BraLoD said:
kinisking said:
BraLoD said:
kinisking said:
im 15 and the only games ive played and finished more than 2 times is Castlevania SOTN and ff7


Nice, try some others as well.
I've played some games more than 10 times already, but it was the first time for FF7

any recommendations?


As you seems to like PS1 games I'll let my top 3 RPGs on the system as a recommendation if you still didn't played it.

The Legend of Dragoon

Diablo

Digimon World 3 (might wanna try Digimon World first).

 

But unless you have a PS1/PS2/Original Model PS3 and a lot of money, The Legend of Dragoon is the only one on PSN.

You can emulate them, but I dunno if that would be the best way to experience them for you.

Awesome those are all games i havent played yet! Ive obviously heard of diablo but I never got around to playing it. Ive also played other digimon games but not that one. For legend of dragoon, I feel like ive definitely heard that name but i dont really know what its about. And ill have to research more about where i can get these games, seeing as i have a ps1 and ps2 still. Unfourtanetly,If i cant find them or theyre unreasonably expensive i guess ill have to emulate them. D:



Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

BraLoD said:


Well seems like the battle system is really a weak spot, well, it's good I dunno a thing about it.

I also liked FF13, the game have several things lacking but the story was great IMO.


Here's a pro tip for you: prioritize the Refine abilities. All of them. That way, you can avoid having to draw too constantly. Speaking of which, don't draw too much. Drawing a bazillion spells in one fight is akin to reaching level 30 before the first boss.

Mug is another useful ability. If you're planning on upgrading your weapons, using Mug you can possibly get a huge chunk of the items needed for Squall's ultimate weapon without even noticing it.



Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
No matter how people says this game is overrated, I still love it. This, FF4 and FF9 are some of the best RPG experiences I had.

I still remember the song that plays on the World Map. One of the most beautiful musics I've heard in a game.

Oh, and by the way, great review, BraLoD.


Yes, the music was really amazing!

And thank you, you,seems to have a good taste in games as Alex Kidd and Sonic that your name suggest were golden in the Master System/Mega Drive generations xD



kinisking said:
BraLoD said:


As you seems to like PS1 games I'll let my top 3 RPGs on the system as a recommendation if you still didn't played it.

The Legend of Dragoon

Diablo

Digimon World 3 (might wanna try Digimon World first).

 

But unless you have a PS1/PS2/Original Model PS3 and a lot of money, The Legend of Dragoon is the only one on PSN.

You can emulate them, but I dunno if that would be the best way to experience them for you.

Awesome those are all games i havent played yet! Ive obviously heard of diablo but I never got around to playing it. Ive also played other digimon games but not that one. For legend of dragoon, I feel like ive definitely heard that name but i dont really know what its about. And ill have to research more about where i can get these games, seeing as i have a ps1 and ps2 still. Unfourtanetly,If i cant find them or theyre unreasonably expensive i guess ill have to emulate them. D:

All of them will probably be really expensive if you want a good condition original version of them. Digimon World I'm not so sure but both LoD and Diablo can be REALLY expensive. Diablo might be cheap on Steam though and LoD is cheap on PSN.

If you don't want to pay a lot and are ok with emulating, well them go for it, but if you like the game try to pick a version of them after it.

You should love LoD if you love FF7, they do have things in common and should be about the battle system, some love, some hate.

Diablo evolved a lot since the first, but the first still have the best feeling by far IMO.

And,if you like Digimon you should love it. See something about the new game (Cyber Sleuth), that will give you a good notion about how is Digimon World. Digimon World 3 is different but damn it's so good!



artur-fernand said:
BraLoD said:


Well seems like the battle system is really a weak spot, well, it's good I dunno a thing about it.

I also liked FF13, the game have several things lacking but the story was great IMO.


Here's a pro tip for you: prioritize the Refine abilities. All of them. That way, you can avoid having to draw too constantly. Speaking of which, don't draw too much. Drawing a bazillion spells in one fight is akin to reaching level 30 before the first boss.

Mug is another useful ability. If you're planning on upgrading your weapons, using Mug you can possibly get a huge chunk of the items needed for Squall's ultimate weapon without even noticing it.

Don't teach me how to break the game bro