By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 7 (finished)

Tagged games:

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

FF8's junction system says hi

Yes the junction system makes FF8 definitely harder than FF7. That was your point, right?

Not if you know how to exploit it. Once you learn that magic is useless in FF8, all you need to do is Draw 100 of the most powerful spell available and junction it then never cast an offensive spell again.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

I recently played FF3 in the Android version. It had the same difficulty spikes as FF1 and 2(which I played the originals). The "difficulty" is in learning the hard way where to go and where not to go and when to grind.

All in all I'd say all FF games share a common difficulty, though I'd say that FF7 was the easiest if my Memory doesn't betray me. Not including the optional bosses of course, which are always hard as fuck.

FF8's junction system says hi

Yes the junction system makes FF8 definitely harder than FF7. That was your point, right?

My point was quite the opposite actually...

The junction system is never properly explained and it's not instantly visible what you have to do to use it effectively. So most people who will play it for the first time will not use it to its fullest extent while overleveling, which makes it even harder. Not that the game is particularly hard but it's far from the pushover that was FF7.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

artur-fernand said:

III and IV are definitely harder than the rest, imo. Not that FFIV is HARD overral, but from there it just gets easier and easier with each game. It gets a little harder with X, XII and XIII though.

And I only played the psp remakes of I and II, so I wouldn't know their original difficulty.

Final Fantasy IV DS is hard, but the original and GBA version FFIV are very easy.

It's great that you managed to play Final Fantasy VII, it's a flawed but great game. I would say skip VIII and go straight to IX because I do believe that playing through IX is a fantastic experience but alas, if you insist on VIII then that's fine too.

It's odd because I think VIII is my most played FF game even though, imo it's not that great and more in the middle of the pack within the series. However, the soundtrack is great and if you can stand drawing magic from enemies then you will probably like it. But, I think that the plot and characters are probably the worst parts of the game, but that's all I say about it.

BraLoD said:
kinisking said:

i dont have a ps3 so does ps4 have it on psn? because my brother owns one so i can borrow it. Ill buy diablo on steam and just use a controller if possible :p. But yeah ill have to for digimon i guess.

Sadly no, the PSN on PS4 still doesn't have the classic games, so without a PS3 you will need an original copy of the game, unless you want to emulate it on PC or get a pirated version/burn your own to play in your PS1/PS2

Diablo PC version I don't know if it have joystick support, so be prepared to map it yourself with some program if you want to play it with a controller xD

But if you are going to do that with Digimon... you can do it with the others as well, would be a lot easier to play Diablo with a controller using a emulator, and you can get all 3 of them at any time

You should really get a PS3 though.

ive been thinking about it. I had the ps3 in my house for around 3 months because my brother was staying over (the one with the ps4) and so i got to play the tlou and some other games on it. but unfourtanately tlou was the only exclusive he owned, he's more of a dude bro call of duty gamer. So they'res a lot of exclusives i havent touched. But i wouldnt buy one for more than $100 because i still have the wii u, and my own ps4 to buy haha. Ill definitely pick one up if i can find one for 100 though/

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Did you play it on a actual PS1? I'm trying to play it on a PSP and my game always freezes at Kalm when I'm about to fight the dragon. Its beginning to drive me nuts.

BraLoD said:
kinisking said:

ive been thinking about it. I had the ps3 in my house for around 3 months because my brother was staying over (the one with the ps4) and so i got to play the tlou and some other games on it. but unfourtanately tlou was the only exclusive he owned, he's more of a dude bro call of duty gamer. So they'res a lot of exclusives i havent touched. But i wouldnt buy one for more than $100 because i still have the wii u, and my own ps4 to buy haha. Ill definitely pick one up if i can find one for 100 though/

Maybe you can find a used piece by this price, but take care if you are going for a used console, I would advice you to see it running by yourself before buying one if possible, there are a lot of bad people out there trying to sell broken stuff (even rocks in its place, lol).

yeah, hopefully my friend will sell it to me eventually. He bought it for 150$ from his friend, so maybe he'll sell it to me for cheaper xD Ill make sure to buy the ps4 new to make up for the used ps3 haha. and lol at that rocks reference xD

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
You have good taste.

There's no reason to believe he does or doesn't have good taste with him playing a widely popular game for the first time.

What people should be saying, since he's an RPG fan.  Why did it even take you so long to play such a popular game? 

Just to keep score, which FFs haven't you played and finished now?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BraLoD said:
padib said:
FF8 lover here. Give it a good chance.

I remember getting bored after the 1st disk but my brother pushing me to play to it through till the end, that was good advice, the game is awesome.

I've started it, played a little, won't be able much now but the gamw is beautiful and hell yeah! I can fight the summons to get them in this one apparently! xD

Some of them. Off the top of my head, it's the minority actually, about 3 or 5. The first two are given to you through email annexes apparently. I don't get it either.