By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 7 (finished)

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:

Looking forward to seeing what you think of 8 and 9 as well. IMO FF8 is the best game of all time... so hopefully you'll enjoy it

Final Fantasy 8 might not be the longest game ever conceived. It has flaws. It has its share of problems along the way. But it is by far one of the most magical games I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and it's my third favourite game of all time. So yes, I agree with Ka-pi here. :)

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Wright said:

Final Fantasy 8 might not be the longest game ever conceived. It has flaws. It has its share of problems along the way. But it is by far one of the most magical games I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and it's my third favourite game of all time. So yes, I agree with Ka-pi here. :)

Nice to see more people who love FF8, it's always the one that gets less love between the 3. I'm looking foward to it to amaze me xD

The game is extremely weird in a good sense. It has some questionable gaming design, but other than that, it's amazing.

Is this the "HD remaster version" the Square anounced a few months back, or is that one not out yet ?

BraLoD said:
Wright said:

Nice to see more people who love FF8, it's always the one that gets less love between the 3. I'm looking foward to it to amaze me xD

FF 8 is very different from pretty much anything else, some ppl just cant stand the Draw system cause it is a bit grindy but I always found it a very intersting system. I also love how GFs worked and the story is quite good. In terms of music I think FF8 has the best out of the 3 PSX Final Fantasys so I believe youre gona love how the game sounds even if you hate the Draw system hehe.

BraLoD said:
kinisking said:

Awesome those are all games i havent played yet! Ive obviously heard of diablo but I never got around to playing it. Ive also played other digimon games but not that one. For legend of dragoon, I feel like ive definitely heard that name but i dont really know what its about. And ill have to research more about where i can get these games, seeing as i have a ps1 and ps2 still. Unfourtanetly,If i cant find them or theyre unreasonably expensive i guess ill have to emulate them. D:

All of them will probably be really expensive if you want a good condition original version of them. Digimon World I'm not so sure but both LoD and Diablo can be REALLY expensive. Diablo might be cheap on Steam though and LoD is cheap on PSN.

If you don't want to pay a lot and are ok with emulating, well them go for it, but if you like the game try to pick a version of them after it.

You should love LoD if you love FF7, they do have things in common and should be about the battle system, some love, some hate.

Diablo evolved a lot since the first, but the first still have the best feeling by far IMO.

And,if you like Digimon you should love it. See something about the new game (Cyber Sleuth), that will give you a good notion about how is Digimon World. Digimon World 3 is different but damn it's so good!

i dont have a ps3 so does ps4 have it on psn? because my brother owns one so i can borrow it. Ill buy diablo on steam and just use a controller if possible :p. But yeah ill have to for digimon i guess.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I didn't read  your whole post but did you beat all weapons ?, did you get the gold chocobo ? , those are one of the most satisfying things to accomplish in FFVII :D

Around the Network

Well done for playing an excellent game, if you were good you would have understood how Support Materia works early on. I think it too my 2 playthroughs to work that out but then I'd never played a JPRG before.

Hmm, pie.

vivster said:
There are no difficult FF games. Only underleveled characters :P

FF3 is a hard game though. The original one, with DS and PSP remakes.

artur-fernand said:
vivster said:

I recently played FF3 in the Android version. It had the same difficulty spikes as FF1 and 2(which I played the originals). The "difficulty" is in learning the hard way where to go and where not to go and when to grind.

All in all I'd say all FF games share a common difficulty, though I'd say that FF7 was the easiest if my Memory doesn't betray me. Not including the optional bosses of course, which are always hard as fuck.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
artur-fernand said:
vivster said:

I recently played FF3 in the Android version. It had the same difficulty spikes as FF1 and 2(which I played the originals). The "difficulty" is in learning the hard way where to go and where not to go and when to grind.

All in all I'd say all FF games share a common difficulty, though I'd say that FF7 was the easiest if my Memory doesn't betray me. Not including the optional bosses of course, which are always hard as fuck.

III and IV are definitely harder than the rest, imo. Not that FFIV is HARD overral, but from there it just gets easier and easier with each game. It gets a little harder with X, XII and XIII though.

And I only played the psp remakes of I and II, so I wouldn't know their original difficulty.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
artur-fernand said:
vivster said:

FF8's junction system says hi

Yes the junction system makes FF8 definitely harder than FF7. That was your point, right?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.