By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 7 (finished)

Tagged games:

When people say "every game on the fifth generation aged horribly", I like to remember this game (among others) as my way of saying "what the fuck you're talking about?". And there's no nostalgia here, I've beaten this game for the first time this decade. Which sadly means I already knew who was gonna die, but even then, it was still a rather emotional scene.

But what's next? You're gonna tackle the other FFs? My advice is skipping VIII for the time being and playing IX first. VIII can be... quite daunting and boring if you play it wrong. But if you play it right, you become A GOD with little to no effort, which is always fun.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Not only LoD tops it IMO though
I dunno if Diablo is considered a RPG by most of people (the first was surely not a hack and slash), but both Diablo and Digimon World 3 are still over it in my heart right now.

When you do FFVIII do not spoil yourself like you did with FFVII, very fun going in blind. Then redoing it with some of the great things in mind.

Good to see that you like Digimon World 3.

I liked all 3 of them, but 1 was my favorite.

Farsala said:
BraLoD said:

Not only LoD tops it IMO though
I dunno if Diablo is considered a RPG by most of people (the first was surely not a hack and slash), but both Diablo and Digimon World 3 are still over it in my heart right now.

When you do FFVIII do not spoil yourself like you did with FFVII, very fun going in blind. Then redoing it with some of the great things in mind.

Good to see that you like Digimon World 3.

I liked all 3 of them, but 1 was my favorite.

This!

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

im 15 and the only games ive played and finished more than 2 times is Castlevania SOTN and ff7

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Good review.
After I finished VII for the first time I thought the game was a bit over rated but it still was very, very good overall. If you liked VII then you'd LOVE IX and VI

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
kinisking said:
im 15 and the only games ive played and finished more than 2 times is Castlevania SOTN and ff7

Nice, try some others as well.
I've played some games more than 10 times already, but it was the first time for FF7

any recommendations?

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I haven't played it yet, but I'll probably do so when it comes to PS4.

BraLoD said:
ParryWinkle said:
Good review.
After I finished VII for the first time I thought the game was a bit over rated but it still was very, very good overall. If you liked VII then you'd LOVE IX and VI

Thank you xD
What about FF8?

FFVIII is a rather love-it-or-hate-it kind of game, ESPECIALLY the story. It's the FF game with the most theories, which some would say means it's the most interesting and promissing plot, other would say the theories are just there to try to make the plot any decent. There's one particular plot twist on this game that seems to infuriate a lot of people.

Then there's the Draw thing. If you approach it right, and consider the existence of the Refine abilites, it's not a big deal. Also, the game mechanics are broken. What I mean by that, is that you can nearly max out your stats with nearly to no effort. To put things in perspective, this is the only game where I've beaten the super bosses, because they weren't really that hard. I'm not really complaining, I love destroying a game sometimes, but being broken is not exactly a quality.

BraLoD said:
ParryWinkle said:
Good review.

Thank you xD
What about FF8?

FF8 is sitting inbetween two fantastic FF games so FF8 is sorta underwhelming in comparison. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game but the plot is a confusing mind fuck (not in a really good way) and the characters are sort of bland (although I liked XIII so I shouldn't be complaining about that). The battle system can be broken very easily and you can become a god but it's still enjoyable.

ParryWinkle said:
BraLoD said:

Thank you xD
What about FF8?

FF8 is sitting inbetween two fantastic FF games so FF8 is sorta underwhelming in comparison. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game but the plot is a confusing mind fuck (not in a really good way) and the characters are sort of bland (although I liked XIII so I shouldn't be complaining about that). The battle system can be broken very easily and you can become a god but it's still enjoyable.

Nah, people can bitch all they want, XIII is actually pretty good at character development and interactions. VIII's characters are... just there.