By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 7 (finished)

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
artur-fernand said:

Some of them. Off the top of my head, it's the minority actually, about 3 or 5. The first two are given to you through email annexes apparently. I don't get it either.

I already started with 2 (the thunder one and Shiva) and got Ifrit in my mission.
I was thinking I was going against all of them from now on... that's sad
At least there will be more! FF12 is the king in this area? I remember fighting all 13 of the Espers there. Zodiak was freaking crazy hard, so fast! Was so rewarding beating and getting it.

If memory serves me right, you fight most of them in FFIV, pretty much all of them in V (minus some weaker ones) and a few in VI and VIII. You fight none in IX and just some optional ones in X. I remember being excited with the summons of XII, but I barely used them, which is a shame.

But hey, looks like they're gonna be a big deal in XV. GOTY.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
vivster said:
Just to keep score, which FFs haven't you played and finished now?

4/5/6/8/9/10/10-2/13-3(LR)

It's easier to say the ones I've played because they are the minority

FF 1 to 3 I played in a emulation CD I used to have to my PS1, but it was as a kid, maybe I'll play them again sometime.

7 beated now, 12 some years ago, and 13 and 13-2 some years ago as well. I'm still such a noob to FF
And I've played only one spin off (Dirge of Cerberus) too. But that was boring... beautiful cutscenes though.

So barely anything.

RolStoppable said:
Second best Final Fantasy only behind IX, although it's a bit lame that there are so few differences between characters (all of them can equip any materia, so they are virtually the same in battle). Minigames were mostly miss. Character models were poor even for its time. Not much wrong with the rest.

Lesser known fact,  mainly because nobody from the original development team really discuss it. 

But the guraud poly system was chosen because the ps1 didnt have enough memory to run animated backgrounds and play fmv and run detailed textured player meshes at the same time,  later games got around it by using compression of the fmv but still lacked the memory to retain full resolution meshes,  so when static backgrounds switch to fmv in ff8 for example,  the texture quality of the player models drops,  they usually do this on a wide angle to minimize the effect,  only very few sequenceses in the game dont use this trick,  mainly when the scripting can gurantee very few or singular models on screen at once. 

Even lesser known fact,  rinoah shoots dogs fom her arm during limit break because they forgot to model the arm sled attachment that was originally planned. 

By the time they caught it the disk was gold. 

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

FF 1 to 3 I played in a emulation CD I used to have to my PS1, but it was as a kid, maybe I'll play them again sometime.

7 beated now, 12 some years ago, and 13 and 13-2 some years ago as well. I'm still such a noob to FF
And I've played only one spin off (Dirge of Cerberus) too. But that was boring... beautiful cutscenes though.

Got a long way ahead of ya then. Seeing how you liked the Story of FFXIII I suggest you finish that saga. I promise you you won't be disappointed by the ending(which I think is the most amazing ending of all FFs).

Then go 8,9,10,10-2,4,5,6

So basically you haven't finished yet my top 4 of FFs^^

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188872&page=1

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

As others have said there isn't much wrong about Final Fantasy VII, except for the materia system breaking the game if you get "too creative" and missables. Did you send Tifa to the wrong side in the crater? Say goodbye to the third copy of Mystile.

BraLoD said:

Stop teaching me how to break FF8 guys!

*Waits for BraLoD to permanently mess up the card minigame rules*

Around the Network
Player2 said:

As others have said there isn't much wrong about Final Fantasy VII, except for the materia system breaking the game if you get "too creative" and missables. Did you send Tifa to the wrong side in the crater? Say goodbye to the third copy of Mystile.

Those missables are nothing compared to the stuff in FFXII.

Opened the wrong random unmarked treasure chest? Say goodbye to the strongest Weapon in the game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BraLoD said:
Player2 said:

*Waits for BraLoD to permanently mess up the card minigame rules*

The card game is nice but my cards are shit and the other guys are great, I could only beat one girl there!

Triple Triad is shit anyway. Tetra Master or GTFO.

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
BraLoD said:
vivster said:

Got a long way ahead of ya then. Seeing how you liked the Story of FFXIII I suggest you finish that saga. I promise you you won't be disappointed by the ending(which I think is the most amazing ending of all FFs).

Then go 8,9,10,10-2,4,5,6

So basically you haven't finished yet my top 4 of FFs^^

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188872&page=1

I'll probably only play Lightning Returns after 8,9, 10/10-2

Maybe I can play it before 10/10-2, but I'm still mad at Square because of 13-2 ending... To be continued... Damn it's not an anime, don't give that shit to me, I have to buy another game now? But I'll probably forgive them after all this FFs

But the ending of 13-2 is pretty much the motivation for all of 13-3 so it's important. You shouldn't see them as 3 seperate games. They're just equal parts of the same massive opus :)

THE MOST CHALLENGING ASPECT OF FFVII is..............having the patience to continually watch the Knights of the Round summon over and over again (especially when playing against Ruby and Emerald Weapon)

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
BraLoD said:

I'll probably only play Lightning Returns after 8,9, 10/10-2

Maybe I can play it before 10/10-2, but I'm still mad at Square because of 13-2 ending... To be continued... Damn it's not an anime, don't give that shit to me, I have to buy another game now? But I'll probably forgive them after all this FFs

But the ending of 13-2 is pretty much the motivation for all of 13-3 so it's important. You shouldn't see them as 3 seperate games. They're just equal parts of the same massive opus :)

Square did games with 3 and 4 disks to fit it all before, now I have to buy 3 actual games? That would be okay if any of them was actually intended to be one full game, but having to see a "To be continued" when my game ends it's so disturbing! I felt stolen to be honest.

It's just an episodic game that's a little bigger than Telltale games. What's wrong with that?