By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 7 (finished)

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
BraLoD said:

Square did games with 3 and 4 disks to fit it all before, now I have to buy 3 actual games? That would be okay if any of them was actually intended to be one full game, but having to see a "To be continued" when my game ends it's so disturbing! I felt stolen to be honest.

It's just an episodic game that's a little bigger than Telltale games. What's wrong with that?

I don't like this kind of stuff. I would seriously only play FF13 if I knew they were doing this... and now I'm forced to get LR to see the end
I'm avoiding it but I'll just need to do it some time, and that get me mad XD

But it happened before. Because you need to play FF10 before 10-2 so you can appreciate 10-2 more for being so much better.

And you need to play 5 before 6 so you can see how garbage FF6 actually is compared to a good game.

It's the Final Fantasy way.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
vivster said:
BraLoD said:

I don't like this kind of stuff. I would seriously only play FF13 if I knew they were doing this... and now I'm forced to get LR to see the end
I'm avoiding it but I'll just need to do it some time, and that get me mad XD

But it happened before. Because you need to play FF10 before 10-2 so you can appreciate 10-2 more for being so much better.

And you need to play 5 before 6 so you can see how garbage FF6 actually is compared to a good game.

Your head will get a bounty if you keep this up XD

People who don't know which FF games are the good ones got nothing on me :P

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

glad you enjoyed ff7 . tackle ruby and emarald next

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
RolStoppable said:

You have good taste.

It's the vivster way.

vivster said:

People who don't know which FF games are the good ones got nothing on me :P

Right and someone who can't tell which FF game is good thinks he's untouchable.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Player2 said:

As others have said there isn't much wrong about Final Fantasy VII, except for the materia system breaking the game if you get "too creative" and missables. Did you send Tifa to the wrong side in the crater? Say goodbye to the third copy of Mystile.

Those missables are nothing compared to the stuff in FFXII.

Opened the wrong random unmarked treasure chest? Say goodbye to the strongest Weapon in the game.

And then you can still miss it because treasure chests are like random drops.

It's one of the reasons I'm not even going to touch it.

BraLoD said:

It's the normal version that's on PSN, I played it on my PS3.
And the music is even better than 7? Hell yeah!

I think so,  altough One Winged Angel (Sephirots boss song) is just impossible to beat, I think overall FFVIIIs ost is better.

Heres an example of what to expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olxIVcfY0hA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYHblHmoQKg

BraLoD said:

Not so soon
But I'll eventually...
*looks at Yazmat still alive there in FF12 and I'm saying I'll eventually come back to finish it and hides in the shadows*

Emerald Weapon was funny cause shes just wandering around at the bottom of the see, first time I played the game I saw her there and tought okay what could this be, went close to it and bang battle, them I notice the timer and see the thing was actualy a weapon and I go "ye I think Im screwed".

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

X-2 is better than X? V is better than VI?

Of the SNES installments, V is the only one that I didn't beat, but despite that, I still think it's the best one. The reason being that I played it long after VI and IV, and by that time I hadn't the same patience to push myself through games anymore.

X-2 is way superior to X.

You have good taste.

V is better than VI, on that I can agree

But X and X-2? Oh god no. I don't even hate X-2 like most people, but Jesus Christ.

artur-fernand said:
RolStoppable said:

X-2 is better than X? V is better than VI?

Of the SNES installments, V is the only one that I didn't beat, but despite that, I still think it's the best one. The reason being that I played it long after VI and IV, and by that time I hadn't the same patience to push myself through games anymore.

X-2 is way superior to X.

You have good taste.

V is better than VI, on that I can agree

But X and X-2? Oh god no. I don't even hate X-2 like most people, but Jesus Christ.

Job System trumps all.

vivster said:

It's just an episodic game that's a little bigger than Telltale games. What's wrong with that?

If only they were good then the comparison would fit.  I played Lightning Returns a little bit recently and the world design is way better than 13-2, better dialogue but if the gameplay didn't sure enough ruin it.  Even worse than FF13 and 13-2's auto battle system.

I agree with you about 10-2 though.  It's really good.  The gameplay is so good that any faults it has can be forgiven.