By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 7 (finished)

Tagged games:

kupomogli said:
vivster said:

It's just an episodic game that's a little bigger than Telltale games. What's wrong with that?

If only they were good then the comparison would fit.  I played Lightning Returns a little bit recently and the world design is way better than 13-2, better dialogue but if the gameplay didn't sure enough ruin it.  Even worse than FF13 and 13-2's auto battle system.

Puzzle pieces on their own are always not as good as the full picture.

FFXIII-2 and LR are not the brightest stars in FF's history but together with FFXIII they make a neat whole :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
kupomogli said:
vivster said:

It's just an episodic game that's a little bigger than Telltale games. What's wrong with that?

If only they were good then the comparison would fit.  I played Lightning Returns a little bit recently and the world design is way better than 13-2, better dialogue but if the gameplay didn't sure enough ruin it.  Even worse than FF13 and 13-2's auto battle system.

FFXIII-2 and LR are not the brightest stars in FF's history but together with FFXIII they make a neat whole :)

I'd argue FFXIII is better as a standalone title honestly. Haven't played LR yet, sadly, but XIII-2 just... didn't click with me like the first one did.

Pretty unneccessary sequels, in my opinion.

artur-fernand said:
vivster said:
kupomogli said:
vivster said:

I'd argue FFXIII is better as a standalone title honestly. Haven't played LR yet, sadly, but XIII-2 just... didn't click with me like the first one did.

How are they unnecessary if they complete the story?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ignore everyone here and listen to me only.

Play FFIX next.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

vivster said:
artur-fernand said:

How are they unnecessary if they complete the story?

FFXIII's plot finishes in FFXIII, there wasn't any need for it to be completed. It has a pretty satisfying ending.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ignore everyone here and listen to me only.

Play FFIX next.

I'm already playing FF8, too late

Unlike many that I have read in here I LOVE FFVIII, especially Triple Triad card game. Just about everywhere you go to plays by a different set of rules. Can sometimes annoy you, but it adds more life to the card game.

One of the few that I have played numerous times.

Seriously though, play FFIX next, even if just for the OST. It's so much different from VII and VIII and a nice change.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

BraLoD said:
Euphoria14 said:

Unlike many that I have read in here I LOVE FFVIII, especially Triple Triad card game. Just about everywhere you go to plays by a different set of rules. Can sometimes annoy you, but it adds more life to the card game.

Seriously though, play FFIX next.

I'll play FF9 after I finish 8, was planned this way long ago xD

The Triple Triad game is somewhat fun, but my cards sucks a lot, I need to collect some nice ones so I stop losing to almost everyone I challenge  It reminds a little about Digimon World 3 because of the card game, but DW3 card game was way better.

I'm not happy with the fact I apparently won't get money based on my battles but only in determined periods based on my ranks, that's just not what I expect from a RPG... really. But oh well, seems like I can draw from free some really useful magic from enemies so I can use less items but still... I'll need money to new weapons or upgrades, and I want to be able to get it when I need it. I'm still in the very beggining, so that might still change though (don't tell me).

The battle system until now seems... ok I guess. The music is still not on FF7 level by any means, the graphics seems nice, too much pixelated and sometimes it get really strange but most of the times it seems good and detailed, the backgrounds at least in the cities are amazing, and the CGs are superb, it's being a decent game until now, but seems like all FF games I play it take me some good time to really start to like so I'll not even think about judging it yet.

Money is not that useful in FFVIII anyway. There's no equipment, and you only upgrade your weapons.

You get better Triple Triad cards by playing normally, if memory serves me right. Defeating bosses, GFs and whatnot. 

BraLoD said:
Euphoria14 said:

Seriously though, play FFIX next.

The Triple Triad game is somewhat fun, but my cards sucks a lot, I need to collect some nice ones so I stop losing to almost everyone I challenge  It reminds a little about Digimon World 3 because of the card game, but DW3 card game was way better.

I'm not happy with the fact I apparently won't get money based on my battles but only in determined periods based on my ranks, that's just not what I expect from a RPG... really. But oh well, seems like I can draw from free some really useful magic from enemies so I can use less items but still... I'll need money to new weapons or upgrades, and I want to be able to get it when I need it. I'm still in the very beggining, so that might still change though (don't tell me).

The battle system until now seems... ok I guess. The music is still not on FF7 level by any means, the graphics seems nice, too much pixelated and sometimes it get really strange but most of the times it seems good and detailed, the backgrounds at least in the cities are amazing, and the CGs are superb, it's being a decent game until now, but seems like all FF games I play it take me some good time to really start to like so I'll not even think about judging it yet.

Take some SeeD exams then for more money.

Currently playing:

BraLoD said:

The upgrades you can buy are laughable. Just a few points of strength and accuracy. Junctions have a way bigger effect. Just run away after you're done drawing magic. Nothing good comes from battles. Heck, if you have the no encounter skill with Diablo just use it.

Player2 said:
BraLoD said:

The upgrades you can buy are laughable. Just a few points of strength and accuracy. Junctions have a way bigger effect. Just run away after you're done drawing magic. Nothing good comes from battles. Heck, if you have the no encounter skill with Diablo just use it.

It's the only way to get Squall's other Limit Breaks though. Lionheart is really fucking powerful.

But I wouldn't recommend it skipping every battle. You'll turn the game into a "just walk from point A to point B and hope there's a boss at point B" kind of game.