By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW + SW week ending 31st Jan

raidinglarastomb said:
I still don't see why people are still buying xbox 360 and ps3.

because there fantastic consoles????

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
raidinglarastomb said:

because there fantastic consoles????

Yeah, plus they are cheap now!

ehh there still a little overpriced being almost 10 years old now but ehh they got a great backlog of games to get on them so I guess its fine

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Ka-pi96 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Sales numbers not outstanding, but a little growth for many platforms and overall for HW in a dead period is always welcome.
As PS4 is dominating so easily, Sony should really do some effforts to save PSV. Maybe it's waiting for the next HW update and/or redesign to do some marketing and drop price too without making it look a resigned move, but it will better not wait too much. As dev costs are reasonable, Sony could really moneyhat more games for PSV, it would give good results for a relatively little cost.

But they could also moneyhat those games for PS4 and sell way way more copies and most likely make more money back from it...

Yes, but PSV dev costs are far lower, so for a fraction of sales it would also require a fraction of needed moneyhatting sums, and if it helped saving the platform, the benefit to investment ratio would be even better. The trickiest part would be to calculate the right amount to invest to help keeping PSV afloat and in a better shape than now without losing money, but low dev costs should help a lot to keep risks reasonably low. The only larger moneyhatting could be tried to persuade Capcom to make a major Monster Hunter title for PSV.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Just wondering but when Vgchartz makes these lists with how many copies each game sold where do they get these figures from?

raidinglarastomb said:

Low price, huge library with a good amount of quality titles and complete lack of backwards compatability in the PS4 and One. I'll have to keep the PS2, PS3 and PS4 (when I buy one) out because they don't play games from previous generations, which sucks imo.

Around the Network

The Vita has been close to the Wii U sales every week in January. Either this is because the Vita is selling better or the Wii U is selling very poorly, or maybe both :P Still not great though...