By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game have you played for the most amount of hours?

Battlefield 3 450+ hours

Around the Network

Almost certainly Diablo II, but I obviously have no firm figure for it. I played it pretty much every day for several hours for about 5 years.

The highest total that I have an actual reliable figure for is Dota 2 (3,135 hours).

Hmmm... Over the course of my life I would probably guess shining force for the sega genesis. I still bust that sucker out when I get bored.

However, Diablo 2 and the mass effect trilogy (specifically mass effect 3). Are close if not higher. And I don't even know where to begin to estimate the hours I have spent on these games, so I won't!

12 Sky on PC (countless), Final Fantasy XIV (also countless), Skyrim (350 plus), Destiny (100 plus), Dragon Age Inquisition (80 plus).

Those are the first games that come to mind on the subject, in that order.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Most definitely WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos

Played the story countless times, and Custom Maps on Battle.Net... I can only imagine the hours wasted away.

DOTA, DBZ Tribute, Poker TD, the dozens of Mauls (PokeMaul was my favorite!)... so many awesome games!

Around the Network

Going with C&C Red Alert 3 based on my Steam list it gives me 228 hours of gameplay, TF2 I imagine would come in second but I hardly play that game anymore and 3rd would be Planetside 2 and 4th left 4 Dead 2.

I've probably played a lot of games in the past for much longer but those 4 are probably the most recent since 2008.

Probably some football game, but sticking to things I know the actual numbers of, probably Pokémon Y with around 550 hours. Super Smash Bros. is definitely overtaking it in the long run though, as it has over ~430 hours already if I count both the 3DS and Wii U version as one. And even if we don't, the Wii U will eventually get there as it's almost at 300 hours.

Runescape, League of Legends and Call of Duty

Played more then 1000hrs on each of them for sure

PS4 Game Collection

Counter-Strike....just way too many hours to remember.

On Consoles: Probably Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Hyrule Warriors is approaching with high speed though.

On Handhelds: Either Tetris or Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

On PC: Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares or Wizardry 8. Both are over 10 years old and still play them very much more than anything more recent. Probably way over 3000h each