By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Three Muslim students killed at North Carolina campus

It is on Foxnews: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/11/north-carolina-man-charged-in-shooting-death-three-people/

They're saying its over a Parking dispute. 3 people shot in the head, over a parking dispute.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
thegamerpad said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

You don't have to be muslim to be a terrorist.

Yeah, i don't know why you needed to clarify that.  Never said you have to be Muslim to be a terrorist, and never said you have to be a Terrorist to be Muslim.

it's just like the Boston Bomber when they tried to figure out if he had any radical ties, they always try to investigate if other parties are involved.  And a big group like ISIS is more attention grabbing than any other smaller lesser known group.

I'm done with this.  This is a video game site, and people here are stepping out of what they know to make some sort of statement/controversy on things they're not informed about.  I don't come to this site for this crap, so have fun guys

The post you quoted when considered with your response creates the implication.

This is because you left the subject ambiguous, and thus defined by the post you quoted i.e [I bet if the shooter were Muslim, the news would be talking about it for weeks] -> [to see if there was any ties to ISIS or any terrorist group...that would be a legit reason.]

Even if you didn't say that muslims are terrosits and vice versa.

Had you said: "They[news] always check to see if there was any ties to ISIS or any terrorist group..."

Then it would not have created that implication. This is the reason I had to clarify that.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The media covers what will get them the most readers or the most viewers. Sadly the US as a whole doesn't care top much for those of Islamic faith. Hope the backlash allows the media to report it more extensively.

thegamerpad said:
pbroy said:

I just admire beauty. I judge what I know and judging by religion is shallow. What else you want me to comment on? They are beautiful people, fact. Killed because religion, FUD.

You make it sound as if them being attractive or unattractive makes any difference.  Them being muslim or not muslim doesn't make a difference either.  Your stance just seems very shallow and immature.  As if they were fat and ugly it wouldn't be as much of a tragedy

I'm sorry you read it that way. People read things the way they want to read things, I guess. I don't see where you got me having a stance against ugly people out of that. Now if you are ugly, I apologize if I offended you. There is more than outer appearance that make people beautiful: personality, occupation, voice, mannerisms, etc. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In this case physical beauty is appreciated. They had bright futures ahead of them and on their way to having great careers and maybe even making beautiful babies.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
The Fury said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

The man's motives for killing them are irrelevant and subjective. The real debate is the reason this story wasn't covered by the mainstream.

As to my question early in the thread, so nicely answered by many people. Murder in the UK makes the news mostly, if it was by gun, it most certainly will. Yet we have a far lower homercide number (and rate) than the US. The man's motives do matter in the case of news coverage however, a crime of passion murder is probably less likely to make the news than a man killing someone people because of their faith.

I mispoke. I meant "What the media considered the man's motives to be and not what they actually were". We aren't talking about facts here we're talking about sensationalism. Because as far as the US news media is concerned, a crime of passion murder and killing someone because of their faith are basically interchangable, facts be damned.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

They seemed like nice people, raising money to help refugees with their dental expertise. Terrible shame.

pbroy said:

I'm sorry you read it that way. People read things the way they want to read things, I guess. I don't see where you got me having a stance against ugly people out of that. Now if you are ugly, I apologize if I offended you. There is more than outer appearance that make people beautiful: personality, occupation, voice, mannerisms, etc. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In this case physical beauty is appreciated. They had bright futures ahead of them and on their way to having great careers and maybe even making beautiful babies.

I understand you. There is a news story I read today in the UK about a 30 year old girl who killed herself over living up to standards by that age. Many people commented about how pretty she was, it's a natural reaction, she was pretty. The loss of life is no less tragic though.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I mispoke. I meant "What the media considered the man's motives to be and not what they actually were". We aren't talking about facts here we're talking about sensationalism. Because as far as the US news media is concerned, a crime of passion murder and killing someone because of their faith are basically interchangable, facts be damned.

I get you, I think. Maybe the reason why it didn't/hasn't got more coverage is the fact that the truth behind why he did it can't be spun in a sensationalist way.

Hmm, pie.

deskpro2k3 said:
It is on Foxnews: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/11/north-carolina-man-charged-in-shooting-death-three-people/

They're saying its over a Parking dispute. 3 people shot in the head, over a parking dispute.

lets be real, this could be true.

isnt he a terrorist? or is that only a sticky for Muslims?

I bet if the killing was made by Muslims, it will be all over the news and they would call him a terrorist. And since the killer in this case is a white American, he will be accused of being Psycho and will never be called a terrorist.

Next Question: is Timothy Mcveigh an American Terrorist?......

Frank_kc said:
isnt he a terrorist? or is that only a sticky for Muslims?

I bet if the killing was made by Muslims, it will be all over the news and they would call him a terrorist. And since the killer in this case is a white American, he will be accused of being Psycho and will never be called a terrorist.

Next Question: is Timothy Mcveigh an American Terrorist?......

Timothy McVeigh is indeed labeled as an American terrorist.

Not sure I would call a guy killing 3 people over a parking dispute a terrorist though. To be honest I think that term is used way too loosely.

Now, if this shooter was Muslim and the victims were white/black/hispanic/etc... would he be considered a terrorist? If this person was found to be linked to a terrorist group or something along those lines, then yes. If it was over a parking dispute, no.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!