By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Three Muslim students killed at North Carolina campus

thegamerpad said:
FentonCrackshell said:
"You peope" can minimize the lack of reporting all you want but if a Muslim person would've killed 3 non-Muslim young people it definitely would've made national news. We all know the media has an agenda. It's the same way they report white kids gunning down blacks but no reports when whites are gunned down by cops. It's the same way they'll show blacks rioting in the streets but don't show whites doing it. They know what sells. They know what will get people riled up and angry. Not talking about 3 innocent, young, murdered Muslims won't get the bubbas in a tizzy like if 1 Muslim were to kill 3 young whites in the name of Allah.

Nearly every instance of a crime will be national news one way but be an obscure link in the bottom-right corner of a web page in another. Natalie Holloway was a pretty, smart blonde who went missing and was murdered in Aruba and to this day it's still news. Stepha Henry was a pretty, smart black girl who went missing in Miami and was found murdered. CNN bumped the interview about Stepha Henry with the Miami police chief because they needed the space to report that Paris Hilton was to begin her 3 day stint in jail. Young men of all ages and races go missing everyday. No mention of them anywhere outside of the Walmart bulletin board. But Madeline McCann, a European toddler, goes missing in Europe and our U.S. news stations carry it like nothing else matters. So yeah, this story would've been minimized no matter what. Keep telling yourself that.

Just curious, give me an incident where white people were rioting in the US and it wasn't reported?  Also, as the post above yours said...this is on all the major news sites.  It's the top story on CNN  lol

It's the top story now, because it blew up on social media with people saying "hey, why isn't this being reported on?". The event happened yesterday, and it wasn't "breaking news" or anything (except for local news). Whereas things like....Anders Brehvik, Ferguson, Malaysia airlines missing, etc. were instantaneous headlines. 

And about the rioting, if I pull up a news article of white people rioting, that'd kinda disqualify it from it not being reported on (but that would just prove his point if I couldn't find any articles. Because that would mean that the media doesn't show it when white people do it). What Fenton was saying was that it doesn't get "blown up" and become a part of the national discussion like when black people do it.  

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/11/white-people-rioting-for-no-reason.html

In none of those instances were they called "thugs" or "savages" or were they condemned for "making white people look bad". In the local news where these things happened, they're called "revelers" and that they "had a little too much fun". And it stopped being news after about 12 hours

Around the Network

For the same reasons why you never see any good news or things about russians in american news. They're politically motivated and will choose what stories they think is good for the american peop....opps I meant *will choose what stories they think are interesting to the american people.

HollyGamer said:
MegaManX said:
It's funny reading certain people's posts, I won't quote but you got the one guy saying "you people" are racist because incidents against Muslims aren't reported (even though they clearly are) but an evil white press. Then you have people citing incidents where black cops shoot white unarmed people and it's not news. Than you have white people murdered abroad and it makes news but not when a black woman is murdered (even though it got some media attention) Than you have the spokesman for the White House saying that when a Muslim shooter opens fire in a Koscher deli that he was not targeting people of a specific race or faith.

If you read the above and are confused than guess what, the media is biased on a case by case basis.

There is not only this, many time happen, i guess you afraid debating with me

what kind of debate is there to be had with a "zionists" conspiracy advocate like you

in your 3 posts in this thread you didn't show the slightest bit of compassion for the victims, making it clear that they are just a convenient excuse to you to talk about your conspiracy theory

Cobretti2 said:

you only hear about when white cops kill black people because of riots.

when black cops kill white people, there are no riots.

when some guy kills 3 random people its just not national news because it just pat of the american culture. local news were informed by the police.

Because there is no systemic (and unjustified) distrust of white people like there is black people. And there is no pattern of black cops killing unarmed white people. 

Something like Ferguson was a "We're fed up with this" moment. 

BMaker11 said:

It's the top story now, because it blew up on social media with people saying "hey, why isn't this being reported on?". The event happened yesterday, and it wasn't "breaking news" or anything (except for local news). Whereas things like....Anders Brehvik, Ferguson, Malaysia airlines missing, etc. were instantaneous headlines.

Which indicates that it's not about an agenda. The media only has one agenda, and that is grabbing eyeballs. If something is blowing up on social media, they'll report on it because they think it's something that interests people enough to watch.

But otherwise, why should this be a national news story? This isn't the largest spree killing in history, nor a midwestern town in flames, nor the disappearance of a couple hundred people. It's three random people you've never heard of before being murdered, which, sadly, is not all that uncommon.

Around the Network

It is on CNN. posted 40mins ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/us/chapel-hill-shooting/index.html

Dispute over parking may have led to shootings

By Saeed Ahmed, CNN
A 46-year-old man was charged in the shooting deaths of three Muslim students in an apartment near campus. Police are investigating whether the shootings were "hate-motivated." FULL STORY

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
FentonCrackshell said:
thegamerpad said:
FentonCrackshell said:
"You peope" can minimize the lack of reporting all you want but if a Muslim person would've killed 3 non-Muslim young people it definitely would've made national news. We all know the media has an agenda. It's the same way they report white kids gunning down blacks but no reports when whites are gunned down by cops. It's the same way they'll show blacks rioting in the streets but don't show whites doing it. They know what sells. They know what will get people riled up and angry. Not talking about 3 innocent, young, murdered Muslims won't get the bubbas in a tizzy like if 1 Muslim were to kill 3 young whites in the name of Allah.

Nearly every instance of a crime will be national news one way but be an obscure link in the bottom-right corner of a web page in another. Natalie Holloway was a pretty, smart blonde who went missing and was murdered in Aruba and to this day it's still news. Stepha Henry was a pretty, smart black girl who went missing in Miami and was found murdered. CNN bumped the interview about Stepha Henry with the Miami police chief because they needed the space to report that Paris Hilton was to begin her 3 day stint in jail. Young men of all ages and races go missing everyday. No mention of them anywhere outside of the Walmart bulletin board. But Madeline McCann, a European toddler, goes missing in Europe and our U.S. news stations carry it like nothing else matters. So yeah, this story would've been minimized no matter what. Keep telling yourself that.

Just curious, give me an incident where white people were rioting in the US and it wasn't reported?  Also, as the post above yours said...this is on all the major news sites.  It's the top story on CNN  lol

There's the top story on a website. And then there's round the clock coverage with panels of pundits, people who've had nothing to do with the occurence being asked to denounce the offender, "expert" analysis, etc. You think anyone is gonna lsbel this culprit a "terrorist' and say that everyone like him need to not be allowed in America? Nope! 

And as far as the white people riots go, you not knowing that there have been many instances only proves my point. Feel free to use Google. I won't do your work for you. 

You're not doing my work for me, you're not doing your own work...which is sources and backing up your claims.  Otherwise you're just spitting nonsense that you can't even back up, which means you've already gotten too much attention for your little rant you can't back up

pbroy said:
thegamerpad said:

How shallow are you?

I just admire beauty. I judge what I know and judging by religion is shallow. What else you want me to comment on? They are beautiful people, fact. Killed because religion, FUD.

You make it sound as if them being attractive or unattractive makes any difference.  Them being muslim or not muslim doesn't make a difference either.  Your stance just seems very shallow and immature.  As if they were fat and ugly it wouldn't be as much of a tragedy

badgenome said:
BMaker11 said:

Which indicates that it's not about an agenda. The media only has one agenda, and that is grabbing eyeballs. If something is blowing up on social media, they'll report on it because they think it's something that interests people enough to watch.

But otherwise, why should this be a national news story? This isn't the largest spree killing in history, nor a midwestern town in flames, nor the disappearance of a couple hundred people. It's three random people you've never heard of before being murdered, which, sadly, is not all that uncommon.

A lot of news stories shouldn't make national headlines. But the disdain for this case "not being reported" on actually is, in fact, about an agenda, or so the people complaining claim it is.

You can sell race baiting. You can sell "intolerance" (referencing gay marriage, for example). You can't sell Muslims being victims. No, they're the "enemy" and are, statistically, one of the most distrusted groups in America. And the situation makes white people look bad, if this guy really did kill them because they are Muslim. The culmination of that is the agenda: if Muslims are the perpetrators, they're terrorists, Islam is to blame, etc; if the victims are Muslim....ignore it. Because that would shake up the status quo and show that Muslims, by and large, are good people. 

deskpro2k3 said:

I bet if the shooter were Muslim, the news would be talking about it for weeks.

Probably, to see if there was any ties to ISIS or any terrorist group...that would be a legit reason.