By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If XCX is complete enough that someone can play 300 hours of it, what's the wait?

I never question the decision to delay or wait on a game. I like games to play smoothly.

Around the Network

Yeah, polishing. It's all Sonic Boom really needed. It was still playable, even though there were a shit ton of bugs and glitches and most of the lighting was horrible in the cut scenes. (which they fixed some) Plus, I'm pretty sure either in the end of November/sometime in December, they stated the game was in the final stages of production. I mean, you honestly never know what goes on behind the studios. They could still be doing a ton of stuff to it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

spemanig said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Yea, most Nintendo games are kept months after their finish just for polish which can be a tad bit annoying but I guess that's the right mentality.

Again, I don't think that's the case here. Not that there was no long period of polish, but that that period was likely months ago. The game was slated for last year. I have a feeling they used the months at the end of last year for all that polish, and it finished late December/early January.

I seriously think that there must be another reason. By looking at how complete the game appears to be, there's no reason it shouldn't be launching at like early to mid March. Like others have said, I think it might have something to do with the localization.

Ok, then what would the other reason be?

Nintendo and Monolith can take as much time as they need. I would much rather wait a few extra months for a game that is polished and near complete than pay $60 dollars to get conned into being a beta tester.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Hopefully it's around July- August and me happy.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Wyrdness said:

Why not, play through the game as standard then let the testers try and find any bugs and issues that may occur, it's like fighting games going to arcade first to be tested for balance for months prior toany console release.

It's literally nothing like that at all. He said it was his last playthrough. No director is going to have their last playing of a game to be of an unfinished version of it.

The game is not unfinished though it's much like fighting games which require added testing, testing happens through out a games development right up until it goes gold and is shipped to stores it's how it has always been until companies began cutting back on testing and polishing. A directors job is to go over the product to see if it turned out as he intended he doesn't test every action in the game to see if glitches and bugs occur.

Polish and scheduling.

" Nintendo Seals of Quality " in fact it's better like this and they can polish the game.

So no one here has heard of Golden Week, aka one of the biggest periods for sales in Japan especially in the first half of the year. It lands around April 29- May 3 this year. Last year, Nintendo put out a Style Savvy update and Mario Golf for the period plus Mario Party: Island Tour the month prior.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Golden week.

Also there is no way the director is the final bug tester, that's not the way it works. That would have been a sanity check to ensure the flow and vision was intact and that there are no game-breaking issues. It will then get handed over to a team of testers along with a detailed test plan to ensure that every possible bit of terrain, every character, every button press has been tested and retested in every possible configuration. Bugs get logged, sent to developers, fixed, and then more rounds of testing. Repeat until you've got nothing else to log.