By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spidey joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe

But.. But.. We are now robbed from a Felicity Jones in a skintight leather suit as Black Cat...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Spiderman in Captain America: Civil Wars???

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

They could at minimum fast track a post-credits scene with Spidey in the next Marvel film ... I gotta think that's gonna happen.

Spiderman might join the Marvel Cinematic Universe? That's good.
Spiderman will probably get ANOTHER reboot? That's bad.
That reboot coud be done by Marvel? That's good.
They will probably have to alter their plans in a short amount of time to fit Spiderman at the last moment? That's bad.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

TheSting said:
Movies are always predictable anyway. "Good guys" no matter what stay alive and conquer the "bad guys"

I have seen a lot of movies in my life where none of that happened.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Yafea said:
Spiderman in Captain America: Civil Wars???

Most likely. It's confirmed he'll appear in a MCU movie before July 2017. It's far too late to squeeze him into Age of Ultron or Ant-Man. The next movie in line is Civil War, which hasn't started filming yet.

The other two options are Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. While Spidey and Doctor Strange have crossed paths quite a few times before in various media, I think they'll prefer to let Doctor Strange stand on his own for a movie before upstaging him with a Spider-Man cameo. And it just doesn't make much sense to put Spidey in Guardians.

Best of all, this gives me hope that they will gloss over Peter Parker's origin story. By necessity, his involvement in the Civil War storyline is tied to an older Peter who has been Spider-Man for a while already. I suppose they could make his 2017 film a prequel to his appearance in Civil War, but I hope they don't. I think most people who care even the smallest, tiniest amount about comic books are probably familiar with Spider-Man's origin story.

They could also simply do this, which would be a good way to avoid the rebooted-again staleness in my opinion.

the_dengle said:

They could also simply do this, which would be a good way to avoid the rebooted-again staleness in my opinion.

Nope. That won't happen ever. Do you know how much merchandising moves the original Spiderman suit? Nobody would risk losing even a fraction of that by changing the costume.

Darwinianevolution said:

Nope. That won't happen ever. Do you know how much merchandising moves the original Spiderman suit? Nobody would risk losing even a fraction of that by changing the costume.

...But the suit has changed many times over the past 50 years...

Also I can't tell whether or not you think the suit is what I'm referring to but if they're that worried about selling merch they can just give him the classic suit. At least at first, maybe later in the movie he decides to make his own.

the_dengle said:
Darwinianevolution said:

...But the suit has changed many times over the past 50 years...

Also I can't tell whether or not you think the suit is what I'm referring to but if they're that worried about selling merch they can just give him the classic suit. At least at first, maybe later in the movie he decides to make his own.

The thing is the majority of people know only about one version of Spiderman, the traditional: red, blue and white costume, Peter Parker photographer, a bit geeky, with great power comes gret responsability... It's too ingrained in popular culture to change anything. I was surprised when they used Gwen Stacey over Mary Jane in the rebooted version. But that is just a relatively minor character. If you change the identity of your main hero (maybe for the clone saga one, the ultimate replacement, the Doc Oc fiasco of Superior Spiderman...) you are going to get backlash, even if everything works flawlesly.

Sounds awesome. Hopefully they keep Garfield on board.

What I really want is Carnage as a main villain, but he may be too dark for the intended audience to do justice to.