By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the inspiration for your account name?

kinisking said:
Slarvax said:

Haha... I remember when I made this thread back in the day. I was so young (For VGC standards).

OT: When I got my Wii U and asked for NNID, I didn't know what to use. I've always liked my name, but since the gaming community can be so harsh, I didn't want to use my REAL name. So I thought of some ways around it. Changed the order of some letters, put an "x" somewhere (cause that's cool) and we got "Slarvax". Since then, every account on any website I joined has had that name. And since then, my sister and cousins have made fun of it non stop XD

PS. My name is Salvatore

That's a badass name 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

The KLA is a military faction in a story I'm hoping to put to writing one day.

Duker is my nickname, 'x2' is because duker was taken on hotmail back in the day and just stuck with it.

Hedra - plural of hedron, loosely related to my casual hobby of making 3D models. I have some Cornish ancestry; Hedra also happens to be Cornish Gaelic for my birth month. 42 - an indirect acknowledgement to the late, great Douglas Adams, and also part of the name of a band I loved back in the 80's.

Everyone calls me Damo except my mum

Around the Network

Was a nickname give to me from the development lead at the company i was working at in 2003 because of a blue beanie i used to wear a lot that had a white bobble, he said it made it look like a tachikoma was sat on my head, so started calling me that instead, and it just kinda stuck.

celador said:

Drew Barrymore as an English teacher in the film Donnie Darko talked about a famous poet and/or writer who believed the greatest sounding phrase in the English language was "cellar door". I thought it sounded good too so I just mashed the words together and shortened it a bit

Ha! I actually wondered this when i first noticed your username, I thought it seemed like too much of a coincidence.  Great movie!

Mine:

- hs:  are the initials of the city I lived in, in China, when I created the account. (Huang Shi, which means yellow stone)

- rob: my name

Bit of a sad story to be honest.

When our family got the internet at home, my Dad, (whose nickname since high school was curl on account of his hair) signed up to IMDb. He just used his name, but apparently 5 people had beaten him to it, so he became "curl-6". For convenience, I used the same profile as him, so I was "curl-6" also.

Shortly afterwards, when I was 19, he died of a heart attack, completely out of the blue.

After his death, I continued to use the curl-6 profile on IMDb, and later when I signed up to other websites like VGChartz, I retained the username, both out of familiarity, and I guess as sort of a remembrance. 

We have this thread like every 6 months, it's good.

The Fury - super hero killing thing. I would gladly like to see it currently kill anyone in the Avengers, awful book at the moment.

Hmm, pie.

Greek god of wind and I just like the name.