By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the inspiration for your account name?

I started using the handle "BoilerMaker11" as a student at Purdue (graduated in 2011, woo woo), first as my PSN ID, then over on VGC. Then, one day in 2008 or so, the site went on the fritz and not only could I not log in, but I couldn't even recover my password.

So I made a new account, BMaker11. And added the Purdue logo as my profile pic for good measure.

Around the Network

My Parents i think used that as a "Nickname" when i was a little kid and so i started using it for here, psn, twitter, hitbox and all that shit :D

m0ney said:
the commentator used 'money' when buckets were scored.

He sounds like a crap commentator.

Hmm, pie.

BraLoD said:
My actual nickname is Bra, and my favorite game is The Legend of Dragoon, aka LoD. Just put it together.
Bra comes from the portuguese word Branco, which means white, which is my body color.
Obviously it's nothing unusual but I'm REALLY too white, to this day I haven't knew a single person whiter than I am.
But I'm not Albino (I hope that's how you call it there as well). I'm just very light skinned.
So my friends started saying it as soon as they knew me, wow you are really white (branco), then someone said: branco... bra, let's call him bra. The shortened word. And it sticked.

As you can see I have to use a reference from my language to explain it, so I often say that Bra comes from Brazil, my country, so that's easier to understand, sadly bra mean another thing in english, one not well linked to my gender, lol, but that's a detail.

I used to pick only Bra as my nickname but it's too hard to be the first to pick it, so I started adding things together with it. Someday the one I used to use was also taken in a game I wanted to play so I wanted to think in another, and LoD game in my mind, would be nice to stick it in the name to use in gaming envyronments, I liked it and use it since some good years already, name 2007 or 2008. So this is it

So you were wearung a bra while playing Legend of Dragoon. Got it!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

xenogears1234 said:
Mine is a reference to my fav rpq of all time xenogears :)

Hell yeah!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

I got this name because ever since I was around 5, I was attracted to Sony products. I still use a Walkman as my MP3 player. And PlayStation has always my prefered gaming platform. The PS1 beat the N64, the PS2 beat the Xbox, and the PS3 beat the Xbox 360. My first phone was actually a Sony Ericsson phone! I could have been Rareware Girl though. Rareware Girl would have been because Rareware was my favourite developer during the 5th generation. Ellie Williams, another potential name, was because Williams is a popular name for Ellie from The Last Of Us in fanfiction. But in the end, I'm a Sony Girl, in a Sony World!

Bet with Xander XT: 

Me!

My name is Alberto, I like the Italian comics Lupo Alberto (= Albert the wolf, a blue wolf in love with a hen called Marta), my most used nicknames in real life and in some forums and social networks are Alby, Albi and Lupo (wolf), and I often used combinations of Lupo and other things as user names, hence my choice here.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

BraLoD said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

So you were wearung a bra while playing Legend of Dragoon. Got it!

I try to hide my shame but you don't let me! It was just so comfortable...

Don't worry! I play Legend of Dragoon while wearing a bra as well! I know how confortable it feels!

Bet with Xander XT: 

Me!

chepito, from Grim Fandango

In the game Septerra core, there is a character name Araym:

who I thought was pretty kickass. While playing MapleStory, i made a new character named Areym since Araym was already taken and it just stuck. I want to change my name at this point but I don't know if that's possible on this site.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian