By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite console design

GameCube. It's simple and odd at the same time. It's also easy to move it to friends' houses.

2nd would be the PS2 slim and 3rd would be the Wii U.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

PS4 and GameCube

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile

The genesis model 1

http://www.gametrog.com/GAMETROG/SEGA_Genesis_1_2_3_Information_Specs_files/P1000795.jpg

there is nothing quite like it! (Except the mega drive model one)

the super famicom (Japanese/european versions of the snes) was a nice looking console, unlike the na version....

Sexiest looking console. 

I always liked the N64 design too, especially when it was Ultra 64 without the odd off-color controller choice:

Around the Network

Simple and cool.

Honorable mention to the tank and the most comfortable controller ever

PS4(especially positioned vertical, damn), original PS2(also upright,looked like a rocket, loved its 80s styling and strong angles). Honorable mentions go out to the fat PS3(premium feel and love the curves), original slim PS3(classy and understated but still very aesthetic) and the Wii(upright with the LEDS).

Never liked any of the Xbox designs(the X1 is ok though), PS1, GCN, Wii U or the PS3 Super Slim.

Genesis 1 with the sega CD addon.

curl-6 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

i think it looks amazing. especially in white.

White does look much better than grey-black. I still just don't like the angled shape, I wish it was either curved (like the PS3/Wii U) or straight. (Like Xbox One/Wii)

I disagree the ps4 looks the most like a console from all 3 thats why i like its design the most this gen. It has the 2 usb at the front like the snes and ps1s controller ports. And i preffer this shape, it makes it less like something else but more like a console. The wiiu looks like a modem from d-link, the x1 looks like a vcr, the ps4 looks like a console from the future which people would have imagened during the 90s. Never liked the ps2 and the design trend who followed

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

White does look much better than grey-black. I still just don't like the angled shape, I wish it was either curved (like the PS3/Wii U) or straight. (Like Xbox One/Wii)

I disagree the ps4 looks the most like a console from all 3 thats why i like its design the most this gen. It has the 2 usb at the front like the snes and ps1s controller ports. And i preffer this shape, it makes it less like something else but more like a console. The wiiu looks like a modem from d-link, the x1 looks like a vcr, the ps4 looks like a console from the future people would have imagened in the 90s. Never liked the ps2 and the design trend it set

It's those angles, they make it look wonky. Straight lines are clean and efficient, curves are elegant, but angles... :/