By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Truck Stop - Website Development Updates - Keyboard navigation, yes or no?

Would you enjoy the forums having keyboard navigation (J/K to move up and down a post)?

I'd like that A LOT! 24 22.86%

It would be nice to have 24 22.86%

I don't think I'd use it 30 28.57%

Not really 16 15.24%

See results 10 9.52%

Total:104
Smeags said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Haven't checked polls in details yet but from what I gather the votes are IP based not account based (since non-members can vote) so if you vote on your work computer and check later on your home computer you'll be able to vote twice. From what I saw the percentages are correct, do you have an example of a bad percentage calculation?

Can polls be made by account instead of IP? Honestly that makes more sense and would be beneficial to have one vote per registered member, rather than vote multiple times whereever you may be.

It's possible but non members couldn't vote. I personally think that's just fine, not sure what the general consensus on that would be.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Here's a small suggestion:

After editing a post, can we be taken back to our post again rather than to the top of Page 1?
After editing, I often go back to proofread my post, find a new mistake, rinse and repeat. Would be easier without those extra clicks involves.

That's something which has been mentioned before. Would be nice if it's implemented, however. 

Same as spell checking in rich text replies to further eliminate issues.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

TruckOSaurus said:

It's possible but non members couldn't vote. I personally think that's just fine, not sure what the general consensus on that would be.

I'd say it'd be a perk of being part of the community, to vote as a community.

Plus, it would ensure that one vote would be entrusted to one member. If you want to vote so badly, come and be a part of VGC. :D

Smeags said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Haven't checked polls in details yet but from what I gather the votes are IP based not account based (since non-members can vote) so if you vote on your work computer and check later on your home computer you'll be able to vote twice. From what I saw the percentages are correct, do you have an example of a bad percentage calculation?

Can polls be made by account instead of IP? Honestly that makes more sense and would be beneficial to have one vote per registered member, rather than vote multiple times whereever you may be.

So true...it would make the polls less of a sham at least. I've created quite a few threads where I've attempted to isolate certain demographics and it's obvious that someone is just shuffling their IP and voting over and over again.  This way if someone wants to waste their vote to skew the numbers, at least they can only do it once. 

Hiku said:

Here's a small suggestion:

After editing a post, can we be taken back to our post again rather than to the top of Page 1?
After editing, I often go back to proofread my post, find something else that I want to change, rinse and repeat. Would be easier without those extra clicks involves.

I've added your suggestion to future updates (since this bothers me as well )

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I'd sticky this, but then folks wouldn't see it on the hot topic bar...

Maybe that can be fixed.

There's also another weird issue I'd like to address. I go on vgc from both Windows (XP) and Mac (OSX) and the bolding in text appears differently. The Windows version cannot see bolded text while the Mac does. Is this because I use an outdate version of Windows?

Windows:

Mac:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Machina said:
You don't want stickied threads being stuck at the top of hot topics though. Making it so they act like normal threads as far hot topics goes would be better (i.e. if a stickied thread gets a new post it shows up on hot topics, but only then).

Exactly this. I would only want stickied thread to be treated as any other thread. But the Hot Topics Bar is so important to a thread getting seen and discussed, so you're always sacrificing views and posts when you sticky a thread.

Machina said:
You don't want stickied threads being stuck at the top of hot topics though. Making it so they act like normal threads as far hot topics goes would be better (i.e. if a stickied thread gets a new post it shows up on hot topics, but only then).

So would a stickied thread with a new post appear in both the sticky section and the regular hot topics?

Signature goes here!

Platina said:

There's also another weird issue I'd like to address. I go on vgc from both Windows (XP) and Mac (OSX) and the bolding in text appears differently. The Windows version cannot see bolded text while the Mac does. Is this because I use an outdate version of Windows?

Windows:

Mac:

What browser are you using on Win XP? I'm gonna guess it's Internet Explorer 7 or 8 and that it handles the font in a way that makes bold and regular seem very close together.

Signature goes here!