By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Truck Stop - Website Development Updates - Keyboard navigation, yes or no?

Would you enjoy the forums having keyboard navigation (J/K to move up and down a post)?

I'd like that A LOT! 24 22.86%

It would be nice to have 24 22.86%

I don't think I'd use it 30 28.57%

Not really 16 15.24%

See results 10 9.52%

Total:104

Trucks not sure if you can do something with um since it's not a part of the forums but I've noticed that the thumbs up and down on the articles hasn't worked for me in the last couple of weeks. Guessing it's everyone being effected by it tho since none of the comments have any +1's or -1s on them on any of the newer articles. just could be worth a look as to what changed there, if it wasn't intentional of course.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Trucks not sure if you can do something with um since it's not a part of the forums but I've noticed that the thumbs up and down on the articles hasn't worked for me in the last couple of weeks. Guessing it's everyone being effected by it tho since none of the comments have any +1's or -1s on them on any of the newer articles. just could be worth a look as to what changed there, if it wasn't intentional of course.

For some reason the page handling those votes, didn't reference the same config file as all the others which created the bug. It had been fixed now though.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
ganoncrotch said:

For some reason the page handling those votes, didn't reference the same config file as all the others which created the bug. It had been fixed now though.

I'd green thumb you if I could! >.>

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I guess that happens because of all the wall links in the thread?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=199788&page=1#maxposts

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Machina said:

Nice, lots of small fixes that make the forums much better to use.

binary solo said:

How is it that someone (not necessarily Trucks) who is in charge of this site can't have influence over what ads appear on this site? These things are infuriating and intrusive! I don't mind silent ads or even ads that make noise when you mouse over them. I choose not to block ads because I know ads are how sites like this make revenue and can keep going, and to pay [some of] you good people for the good word you do. I don't want to begrudge VGC that revenue. But damn there has to be a way to get rid of those ads. Especially since the only other sites I know of that have these ghastly ads are certain video streaming websites that let you see TV shows that you would otherwise not be able to see on regular TV without paying for said TV service, or waiting 6 months until said TV show comes to your country... not that I ever use those websites, oh no, never I've only heard about them...honest.

He's right though - this is not something any of the Admins other than Brett has the ability or permission to mess with.

I do sympathise tho; I too have AdBlock disabled for VGC (and other sites that I like to support), but those auto-play ads with sound are annoying as fuck and the one thing that makes me want to turn it back on. Doesn't help that they also sometimes lag the page up, which is doubly annoying if you're working on the site and have multiple tabs open.

I'm not sure how it works now but years ago there was alot of ads that bordered on being  illegal , with one  being posted on the Australian Goverment watch dog site as illegal , When this was mentioned ioi stated that people didn't know how ads worked and the ads where  a bundle  bought from an ad supplier and the site took what it was given  to pay costs .

Things seem a lot different now and the advertisers are more main stream to the point that I living in Australia now see chartz ads from not only  big  Australian companys ,but ads specific to the state I live in.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

My question got redirected to this thread:

Does anyone know why thread polls are a bit whacky?

If I vote in a poll and log in another day, I am able to vote again but cannot see the current results. The percentages can also be off as well.

Is this a technical issue?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:

If I vote in a poll and log in another day, I am able to vote again but cannot see the current results. The percentages can also be off as well.

Haven't checked polls in details yet but from what I gather the votes are IP based not account based (since non-members can vote) so if you vote on your work computer and check later on your home computer you'll be able to vote twice. From what I saw the percentages are correct, do you have an example of a bad percentage calculation?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Platina said:

Haven't checked polls in details yet but from what I gather the votes are IP based not account based (since non-members can vote) so if you vote on your work computer and check later on your home computer you'll be able to vote twice. From what I saw the percentages are correct, do you have an example of a bad percentage calculation?

Kapi was the one who had problems with percentages so he probably has some examples to give you..

Thanks for the response! :)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

TruckOSaurus said:

Can polls be made by account instead of IP? Honestly that makes more sense and would be beneficial to have one vote per registered member, rather than vote multiple times whereever you may be.

TruckOSaurus said:
Platina said:

Who should be in charge?

Conegamer 18 34.62%

Leadified 1 1.92%

Platina 5 9.62%

FlamingWeazel 15 28.85%

Slarvax 2 3.85%

Other 9 17.31%

Total: 50

Now you don't need to do a Maths degree to know that 18/50 isn't 0.3462. Also that sums to 96.17%. 

If it helps I also created a thread with other examples in this thread recently. There's a discussion there about it which may be beneficial.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.