good sales 245 73.35%

flop 30 8.98%

donkey who? 9 2.69%

Total:334

I don't think 1M is that bad, honestly!

Around the Network

add another game to the list of million sellers, hizzah

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nice! The Gamespot review really made me question that site. Kinda funny that at the end of the year it was nominated for Wii U GOTY. Shows how jacked up their system is. Great news for the N!

Great game and well deserved. Every Wii U owner should grab this gem.

I've been playing it for 1,5 months now and thank god for the hard mode which gave me a reason to keep on playing..! (currently at 170%)

And it's not even overtracked!

Around the Network

Great to hear!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

1 Million is decent for this series. 1 Million usually is considered a success in the gaming world.

SjOne said:

It's still disappointing that it took a year for one of Nintendo's biggest franchises to sell past one million. Just goes to show games that don't feature Mario or Zelda have a tough time selling on the Wii U no matter how high the quality is

There had been to many Jump&Runs on Wii U. I enjoyed the DK for the Wii but DK Wii U had been just more of the same, never finished it. There had been other Wii U games like Mario World, Hyrule Warriors, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Zombi U, Lego City which had been more innovative and therefore more interesting for me. 

Nintendo should have waited with the DK sequel a few years and Retro should have assigned to something new.

Nonetheless DK Wii U it a great game for itself, and will be enjoyed by many more people in the next years. 

It's only 28 away from a million to be specific, but you might as well say it is at a million. Great game. Hope it sells another million.

Congrats to Retro, and the best 2D platformer on the system!