By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Splatoon being rushed?

the_dengle said:

I dunno. I don't think "every other game is doing it so this one has to do it too" is a valid argument in any case. If Splatoon has less content than expected of a full-price game then it should be cheaper than the average $60, sure. But having different content is a good thing. And we don't know all of Splatoon's content, we don't know how many maps it has, how many different kinds of weapons it has, what kind of local multiplayer it has, how long its single-player is.

The devs flat-out describe Hero Mode as a 3D platformer, so if you insist on demanding that Splatoon follow the same standard practices as other games in its genre, let's compare its online multiplayer to that of other 3D platform games. Such as......... such as........... y'know.... all those online multiplayer 3D platform games...... whose names escape me right now.

It just doesn't make any sense to me to say, "This title has similar gameplay to those other titles, therefore it has to have the same kind of content." That is the path that leads to stagnation. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THE PATHETIC LIMITATION OF THE SPIRAL RACE

The anti-spirals should just nuke them all. That'll learn 'em.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

i agree its nintendo just screwing things up and ignoring the wants and needs of anybody over 12 yrs old

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

The_Yoda said:
alternine said:
padib said:

It's not a question of time or ambition, it's a question of real, tangible business constaints.

This is a new IP, they are uncertain of its success and thus will maximize their success for this new game. if it goes well, then they will add modes given a larger player base.

ToxicJosh is right on the money.

Im not paying 50 or 60 bucks for Nintendo's experiment. If they're not making Splatoon as great as it can be AT LAUNCH then they don't deserve anyones money. 

So you never buy any games that have DLC since they are not " as great as it can be AT LAUNCH then they don't deserve anyones money."

The "GOOD DLC" is the DLC thats made well after the original game is released. Thats not the case with Splatoon.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
The_Yoda said:

So you never buy any games that have DLC since they are not " as great as it can be AT LAUNCH then they don't deserve anyones money."

The "GOOD DLC" is the DLC thats made well after the original game is released. Thats not the case with Splatoon.

You must have been playing the finished version of this game (which is not yet finalized) to be so sure of what is or is "not the case with Splatoon".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

I was crazy hyped for the game. They essentially mixed the style of Team Fortress and made the weapons based on paint.

I can live without the extra modes AT THE MOMENT, as long as Nintendo actually provides post-launch content; I will wait before buying.

But the lack of team speak in a TEAM BASED TPS is unrealistic. Install a strict regulation on swears and threats, since the game will be rated E, but don't take away strategy from the game.

CPU's were never on my mind when the game was revealed, but being able to practice in bot zone in games like tf2 and cs go were always enjoyable, and helped balance teams when someone drops. Stupid decision.

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW

Around the Network

There better be voice chat added or I'm buying used.

The_Yoda said:
JustBeingReal said:

Snippage:

As for the Voice Chat issue, I think that may be because Nintendo are concerned about kids and adults interacting, basically them trying to be the parent and prevent any harmful abuse by kids to adults.

Snip: to cut down page size ;)

Fixed that for you, I've played plenty of games with mouthy little 8 year olds.

Great point, it's been a while since I played any online MP with teens or below, but if the kids that may play this game are anything like the kids that hang around my estate you could be right.

It's times like this I wish VGC had a like option, that made me me laugh.

+1 to Yoda!! :D