By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Finally Catch and Beat PS4 as of The Fastest Selling Console in the History

I am glad ethomaz is back as we Know him. His threads are always funny and especially he lures people in his threads which will make you think are unbiased but show their colors in the end.
To op: I think it's lame to argue now if Wii was supply constrained. Even GAF things so which many times was a reason for ethomaz to handle things as facts.
I understand he and others want to put the best light on ps4 as possible, though.

Around the Network

The PS4 will win eventually but Wii 2008 was unstoppable. And the next two quarters are impossible to beat for the PS4.

Not sure it will ever catch up to Wii. PS4's big advantage is of course price. It has managed to stay ahead of Wii at $150 more, which is incredibly impressive. When Sony slash the price for the first time, we will get a better indication of the console's poistion in relation to older consoles.

What's interesting now is seeing how long it can stay ahead of PS2. You can see from the last quarter that PS2 was about to explode in popularity

I can't believe the PS4 had outpaced a console that was $150 cheaper than it for an entire year. That was in a far better economic climate and targeted toward casual gamers. Beast!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

PS4 had an amazing start, that goes without saying. Beating Wii this and next year will be impossible though, PS4 will be far behind. Lifetime we'll see, a lot can happen still. Will be an interesting race nonetheless, will the Wii with the amazing lead it's about to take hold out? Or will the PS4 fly with typical PlayStation legs?

Around the Network

I'm sorry but I don't understand this thread.

The fastest in achieving what exactly if the graph shows that the PS4 was ahead for so many months? PS4 is in fact the fastest then. And besides, if at the end of the gen PS4 surpasses the Wii, does it take the throne again as the fastest selling console again?

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Tachikoma said:
i've never seen the point of these comparisons.

completely different consoles, completely different pricetags, completely different demographics, completely different economic climates.

The point of these comparisons is to make feel better the salty fanboys who are constantly bitter about the Ps4 success...

AEGRO said:
Tachikoma said:
i've never seen the point of these comparisons.

completely different consoles, completely different pricetags, completely different demographics, completely different economic climates.

The point of these comparisons is to make feel better the salty fanboys who are constantly bitter about the Ps4 success...

perhaps you havent met ethomaz...

ExplodingBlock said:

Seeing this makes me realize PS2 didn't sell as fast compared to PS4 and Wii, just had some amazing legs

PS2 first year was only Japan after the 2nd or 3rd year it got crazy sales... > 20m per year.

Sucks the games on the Wii suffered.